Around the Regions
- Converts praise Total Quality Management. Ferenc, Jeff // Contractor Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the benefits of the total quality management (TQM) concept that most mechanical contracting firms in the United States have started to implement. Objective of training program launched by the Mechanical Contracting Foundation (MCF); TQM converts' opinion of the concept; Estimated...
- A funny thing happened on the way to TQM... Forster, Barbara // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/19/94, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p1
Focuses on the unsuccessful implementation of total quality management (TQM) the Loretto elder care facility. Strike by the unionized workers of the facility; History of the application of TQM at the facility; Comment by Judith C. Mower, organizational development consultant; Problems with the...
- Quality Management Practices in Pakistani Organizations. Moosa, Kamran // Economic Review (05318955);Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 31 Issue 11/12, p50
Focuses on the quality management practices of organizations in Pakistan. Factors attributing the quality culture of organizations; Quality categories of associations; Aim of Total Quality Management.
- THE QUALITY ARMY. Lynn, George F. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Apr2006, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p100
The article focuses on the creation of the American Hospital Association (AHA) Quality Center. The new center will collaborate with other stakeholders in the quality improvement field to leverage their knowledge to help hospital leaders access best practices and processes, and adopt new...
- Smarten Up Your Site. Birchfield, Damon // New Zealand Management;Aug2003, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p19
Presents an article on websites. Information on an article from the American Management Association's website which suggests a number of ways organizations can assess and improve the effectiveness of their websites; Examples of excellent websites to provide a performance benchmark.
- Benchmarking from BAPC. // Printing World;5/5/2005, Vol. 290 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the benchmarking service provided by the British Association of Print and Communications to its members in Great Britain.
- Six Sigma Can Give Contractors a Quality Advantage. Miller, Jim // Pharmaceutical Technology North America;Sep2001, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p92
Presents the Six Sigma program, a total quality management for organizations in the U.S. Phases on the structure of Six Sigma; Training costs per black belt; Importance of project selection for Six Sigma program.
- Hand in Hand. Cressionnie, L. L. // Quality Progress;Jul2011, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p62
The article focuses on the all aviation, space, and defense (AS&D) quality management system (QMS) certification body audits to be conducted by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) using its quality standard in the U.S. It notes that the audit is part of the IAQG's revision of the...
- Code of Practice For Application of Acid Unveiled. Collings, Andrew // Farmers Weekly;3/28/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p67
Reports on the introduction of a Code of Best Practice by the National Association of Agricultural Contractors on the safe use of sulphuric acid in agriculture. Need for specialist equipment; Efforts of the association to ensure that the environment, operator and public are protected when the...