Face to face
- BIOMETRICS SECURITY SOLUTIONS ARE HERE FROM THE FUTURE. Ohlhorst, Frank J. // CRN;5/2/2005, Issue 1144, p36
The article focuses on biometrics security solutions, which have failed to penetrate the security market as quickly as expected. One company that is successfully generating interest in biometrics solutions is A4Vision Inc., Sunnyvale, California. That company hopes to shake up the security...
- An Approach to Adaptive Load Balancing for RFID Middlewares. Heung Seok Chae; Jaegeol Park // Enformatika;2006, Vol. 16, p7
Recently, there have been an increasing interest in RFID system and RFID systems have been applied to various applications. Load balancing is a fundamental technique for providing scalability of systems by moving workload from overloaded nodes to under-loaded nodes. This paper presents an...
- Experts fear RFID strain on networks. Cox, John // Network World;6/6/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that network equipment vendors and industry watchers are sounding the alarm that Radio Frequency Identification Systems (RFID) threatens to overwhelm enterprise networks with operational demands. Cisco Corp.'s biggest enterprise customers are emphatic about their...
- Software products. // Automatic I.D. News;Mar1997, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p42
Introduces new software products for automatic identification applications. Includes the Label Matrix for Windows Certified Compliance Label Line software from StandWare; Loftware Label Manager for Windows v.2.1 from Loftware; BARZ_OUT v.1.2 from Unibar; Quick Add and Quick Start Interface...
- Fake ID? Fight it with technology. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jun99, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p62
Presents strategies for tackling the spreading problem of fake identification. Necessity of balancing acceptable level of risk and security; Use of chip cards and smart cards for high-level security environments; Incorporation of biometrics in computer chips.
- Fingerprint scan stands guard. Phillips, Ken // PC Week;04/06/98, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p103
Reviews Puppy Secure Logon System 2.0, a biometric fingerprint scanning product from Sony Corp. The centralized fingerprint database; Platform limitations; Pricing; Why fingerprint scanning can be more reliable than other biometric methods like voice and face recognition; Installation;...
- Software. // Automatic I.D. News;May96, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p60
Features various data collection software that will be exhibited at the 1996 ID Expo and Mobile Data Capture and Communications Exhibition. Includes CodeSoft 4.0 bar code label design software; API Fusion; Transaction Processing System/2.
- SYMBOL BRINGS ISVs INTO THE FOLD WITH TWO-TIER PROGRAM. Neel, Dan // CRN;4/4/2005, Issue 1140, p60
The article focuses on the collaboration between Symbol Technologies and ISV. Acknowledging the need to improve its relationship with Independent software vendor (ISV), Symbol Technologies this week parted the curtains on a new PartnerSelect ISV Partner Program. The two-tiered ISV program...
- A new face for security. Orubeondo, Ana // InfoWorld;05/28/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p80
Evaluates the BioID SOHO 1.0 biometric computer software. Functionality features; Hardware requirements; Limitations of the software. INSET: THE BOTTOM LINE.