Interior Design: Using the Management Services approach in Retail Premises
- New personality for MFI with Conran makeover. // Cabinet Maker;03/09/2001, Issue 5228, p3
Features the store decoration designed by Conran Design Group for furniture company MFI in Great Britain. Retail stores of the manufacturer enhanced with the design; Projection of a house ambiance in the stores; Theme of the store decoration.
- Certo Cerruti. Cohen, Edie // Interior Design;Sep99, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p214
Discusses the design elements presented in the Cerruti retail fashion store at Madison Avenue in New York City, New York. Floating ceilings and wall planes; Cove lighting; Upholstered seating; Furnishings; Double-height entry; Consistent materials palette.
- Double The Fun. Schwartz, Meredith // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Nov2004, Vol. 105 Issue 11, p102
Features the retail stores of Kimberly and John Rose in Bridgeton, New Jersey. Arrangement for the Hope Chest building; Decoration made for showcasing the candle displays at the Holly Hunt store; Products sold at the retail stores. INSET: QUICK TAKE.
- Creativity on a Budget. Cahan, Linda // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Apr2005, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p18
Presents several designs of stores in the U.S. Design of the Palooza store; Use of the merchandise to theme the store's colors and attitude; Description of the Vermont Gift Barn store.
- 5 contemporary trends in store fixturing. // Display & Design Ideas;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p36
This article presents information on contemporary trends in store fixturing. Every year more retailers take fixture branding to the next level by creating fixtures that complement the products they are merchandising. Color, shape and materials are being incorporated into fixture to give...
- What inspires you? // Display & Design Ideas;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p79
There are many influences in the retail trade: restaurant design, hotel design, nature, people, books. People are trying to set a benchmark in another retail segment.
- Materially Distinctive. Geran, Monica // Interior Design;Oct2000, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p216
Features the interior decoration of the Hushush apparel store designed by Harry Allen in Kouhoku Newtown, Japan. Materials used for the project; Challenges encountered by the designer; Mood and impression created by the design.
- It's a Rad, Rad World. Cohen, Edie // Interior Design;Oct2000, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p222
Describes the interior decoration of the Rad Clothing Store designed by Koning Eizenberg Architecture in Los Angeles, California. Materials and furnishings; Challenges of converting a warehouse for Rad Clothing; Mood and impression created by the design.
- EYE ON DESIGN. Dickens, Mark // In-Store;Jul2008, p74
The article focuses on the interior design of several confectionery shops in Great Britain. The author says that Sweet Yesterdays is the best designed shop he ever visited. The shop of Coco features an aqua-blue and chocolate brown theme which spreads throughout with retro wall paper and...