Deja Vu? Arizona School Facilities Board Back in Market
- Land Board votes to release $300 million to fund schools. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/10/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the vote of the School Land Board to release $300 million to fund public schools in Austin, Texas during its fiscal year after review of the Permanent School Fund in 2013.
- Jefferson Cuts Plans. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31929, p27
Reports on the reduction of the proposed general obligation bond by the Jefferson County school board members in Colorado. Reason for the decision of the school board members; Influence of the response of district voters to the previous proposal on the debt and spending reductions.
- Help Democracy, Hold Fewer Votes. Reed, Ingrid // njbiz;5/9/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p14
Comments on consolidate elections in New Jersey in 2005. Use of a consolidate election in budgets of state departments and agencies; Rate of turnout of voters in the April 19, 2005 state election for school budgets and election of school board members; Preparation of the state government for...
- Public education What have we seenï¿½what can we expect? Dawson, Linda // Illinois School Board Journal;Sep/Oct2010, Special section p1
The article discusses the perception of people regarding the public education system. It tackles the continuing problem of financing the cost of public school system. It also cites the role that technology plays in changes in facility and learning. It suggests that the fate of the public school...
- Cleveland Board Slashes $100 Million From Schools. Barak, Tal // Education Week;6/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p4
The Cleveland, Ohio school board approved cutting $100 million from the district's budget, reducing next school year's budget to $600 million. "The cuts are going to have a devastating effect on the next school year," said Alan Seifullah, the chief communication officer for the district. And...
- Letters to the Editor. Bradley, Norm; Orticelle, Mike // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;5/15/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 115, pA4
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues, one about the funding of Lake Placid central schools, and one endorsing former marine Terry Tubridy as the best option for Saranac Lake school board.
- Munis Move Into Positive Territory; Greenspan Less Upbeat Than Expected. Johnson, Annastasija // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p2
Reports on the performance of the securities market in the U.S. as of September 9, 2004. Effects of the growing budget deficit on the bond market.
- Competitive Note Offerings. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p10
Presents information on competitive note offerings in the United States between February 9, 2005, and March 8, 2005. Total amount of each offering; Time of sale; Financial adviser for each transaction.
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p27
Presents a chart showing data on visible supply of bonds by state in the United States, between February 1, 2005, and February 8, 2005.