Rocky Mountain Justice
- ONLINE UPDATES - 2 August 2005. // Doing Business with Poland;2005, p86
The article presents updates on issues related to property ownership in Poland as of August 2, 2005. Polish President Aleksander KwaÅ›niewski has signed an amendment to the Act on the Acquisition of Real Estate by Foreigners on March 18, 2004. The amended Building Code was enforced on May 30,...
- OKLAHOMA: Jail Bond Vote Ahead. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/3/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33210, p9
The article reports on bond vote for the upgrades at the county jail in 2010 in Oklahoma County. It mentions that the bond will address inadequate staff, poor medical care and tolerance of violence in the facility. District 3 commissioner Ray Vaughn expects the election for the 200-300 million...
- Jail Vote Underway. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/11/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33596, p9
The article reports that the voters in Garland County, Arkansas will go the polling places to vote on the sales tax increase by 1% to construct and operate a new county jail worth 40 million dollars in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- Philosophy, Costs Complicate Debate on L.A. County Jail Replacement. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;6/27/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F325, p1
The article discusses several issues associated with the California-based Los Angeles County jail replacements. It states that philosophical debates related to to build more cells as compared to creating programs that tackle recidivism, complicates the decision making. It further mentions that...
- No IBA for inland freight depot. Foreman, Tony; Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Aug1982, Vol. 93 Issue 1068, p45
Details the scope of the S 7(1)(f)(iv) of the Capital Allowances Act 1968 that allows a building to qualify for industrial buildings allowances when it is used to store good on their arrival by sea or air into any part of Great Britain. Interpretation of the word 'on their arrival'.
- High cost snarls new building code for Fla. schools. Gamble, Cheryl // Education Week;9/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the failure of Florida state education officials to adopt new construction standards for schools, largely because of concerns over costs. Response to the damage caused by Hurricane Andrew in 1992; Suggestion to lower the standards.
- Fires spur second-guessing. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/8/93, Vol. 231 Issue 19, p9
Reflects on the adequacy of building codes and materials in the light of the 1993 southern California brush fires. Comparative damages with the 1991 Oakland Hills fire; Suspicions of arson; Cleanup efforts; Threat of landslides as a result of the destruction of vegetation; Involvement of the...
- California pushes change. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/22/94, Vol. 233 Issue 8, p8
Reports that California officials are calling for an emergency amendment of the Uniform Building Code. Flawed type of steel connection mandated by the code; Industry groups supporting the move.
- Chicago developing facade repair code. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/21/94, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p28
Reports on the new code for facade maintenance and repair being drafted by the Chicago Committee on High Rise Buildings. Increased inspection of buildings with ongoing remodeling; Accidents involving falling terra cotta.