Pulaski to the Polls
- Small firms back cautious approach into a more democratic Europe. // Management Services;Feb1992, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p10
This article reports on a survey conducted by the organization Forum of Private Business (FPB) which revealed that small firms have backed the government's cautious approach to Maastricht, Netherlands, by calling for progress into Europe at a steady pace and with increased democracy. A poll of...
- Success of a tax amnesty: At the polls, for the fisc? Pommerehne, Werner W.; Zweifel, Peter // Public Choice;Dec1991, Vol. 72 Issue 2/3, p131
This paper provides a model for analyzing an individual's voting decision on tax amnesty and the change of his reporting behavior given amnesty is granted/rejected. Success at the polls is predicted to increase with higher penalties meted out to detected evaders while success in terms of...
- Web Poll: THE MAY 19 BALLOT. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/8/2009, Issue 324020, p30
The article presents the results of a public opinion poll related to how the readers of the journal plan to vote on the propositions that aim to solve the financial crisis in California. The voting will be held on May 19, 2009. These propositions include Proposition 1A which would increase taxes...
- Stevens meltdown. Moulitsas, Markos // Hill;8/6/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 91, p25
The article reports on the result of the nonpartisan Research 2000 poll of the 2008 Alaska Senate race.
- INTERNET POLL. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);4/23/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p4A
The article presents answers from a poll conducted through the Internet asking about the righteousness of a government resolution that would dictate American citizens' manner of voting.
- Last week's question. // Central Penn Business Journal;4/19/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p12
The article present the public opinion on the question asked by the periodical related to the filing of the taxes.
- INTERNET POLL. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);5/7/2008, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p4A
The article presents an Internet poll question on the voting for the $86.7 million bond for Hays Consolidated Independent School District (CISD) in Texas.
- Voters Not in 'Attack' Mode. Hickey, Jennifer G. // Insight on the News;10/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p14
Assesses the voters' psyche based on public opinion polls in the U.S. in 2002. Comparison between the 2001 and 2002 polls; Analysis of the voter turnout in statewide primaries for the Democratic Party and Republican Party; Political activities of the National Association for the Advancement of...
- Push me, pull me. Schechter, Bruce // New Scientist;8/24/2002, Vol. 175 Issue 2357, p42
Focuses on the factors influencing the voters choices in Brazilian elections. Impact of public opinion on vote distribution; Effects of peer pressure on the democratic process; Differences in the political beliefs of voters.