Moody's Downgrades Bayonne, N.J., Citing Structural Imbalance, Liquidity
- Miami CRD Revs Raised to Baa1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;6/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32410, p2
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the rating on the Miami Community Redevelopment District's revenue bonds to Baa1 from Baa3 in Miami, Florida.
- FLORIDA: Downgrade on Space Coast. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/23/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33154, p9
The article reports on the rating assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the local option fuel tax bonds of Brevard County, Florida. The agency downgraded the county's fuel tax bonds to Baa1 from A3 on July 21, 2009. It also retained a negative outlook on $92 million of outstanding debt,...
- Moody's Drops Antioch, III., GO Bonds to A2 From A1. // Bond Buyer;8/8/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33761, p2
The article offers information that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded its rating from A1 to A2 on the unlimited-tax general obligation debt of Antioch, California.
- Moody's Downgrades Rhode Island Town Five Notches After Several Tough Years. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;12/29/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31047, p3
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to downgrade Cumberland, Rhode Island's underlying rating on its outstanding general obligation bonds. Negative outlook assigned by Moody's for the bonds; Cumberland's debt sales from June 1995 to November 1999.
- A Tree Falls in the Forest. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p1
Reports on the downgrading of Weyerhaeuser Co. by Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings. Continuation of problem in the corporate sector to spill in the municipal bond market; Effect of the company's acquisition with Willamette Industries Inc. on its rating; Impact of other downgrades on...
- Junk Falls Further: Moody's Downgrades Schenectady, N.Y., to Ba3, on Watch LIst. Daulerio, A.J. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p4
Reports that Moody's Investors Service downgraded Schenectady, New York's general obligation bond rating and placed the rating on a watch list for further credit downgrades, affecting $500 million in debt outstanding in 2004. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant...
- Moody's Moving to Global Muni Scale. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;3/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33283, p1
The article announces the plan of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to move its municipal bond ratings to a global scale. It notes that the agency will save money for municipalities. Its managing director Gail Sussman points out that it has been discussing rating compatibility since 2001....
- NORTH CAROLINA: Airport's Short-Term Lift. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/27/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32844, p9
The article reports on the credit ratings assigned by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to the Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority in North Carolina. The agency affirms the long-term Aa3 rating that it assigned to the variable-rate revenue bonds of the airport authority. In addition, Moody's upgrade...
- IOWA: Coralville Hit With Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/22/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32987, p9
The article reports on a rating assigned by Moody's Investors Inc. to the upcoming obligation bonds of Coralville, Iowa, which include $5.1 million of notes and $1.2 million of longer-term bonds. The agency downgraded the rating to A1 from Aa3 for the city's $6.3 million taxable general...