Wylie, Tex., Water Revs Get S&P Upgrade
- S&P: N.H. Hospital Outlook Stable. // Bond Buyer;7/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31929, p2
Reports on the outlook of Standard & Poor's on the Series 1997 revenue bonds of the New Hampshire Health and Education Facilities Authority. Revision of the outlook; Affirmation of the A-minus rating on the bonds; Issuance of the bonds for Androscogin Valley Hospital.
- S&P Goes Negative on Texas City After Wyoming Yanks Prisoners. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p4
The article reports that Standard and Poor's placed its BB rating for Littlefield, Texas on negative Credit Watch after Wyoming opted to move prisoners out of a detention center owned by Littlefield. This will affect the outstanding debt from $9.9 million of Series 2001 refunding certificates of...
- Tran Deals Rated. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31922, p31
Reports that Standard and Poor's rated both Los Angeles, California, and Oakland, California, SP1-plus for forthcoming tax and revenue anticipation note issues.
- Memphis Competitively Selling $125 Million of General Improvement Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p6
Reports that Memphis, Tennessee will sell general improvement bonds. Bond rating; Budget problems of the city; Bond maturities.
- Delaware's Lamest County Selling $80M of GOs. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31994, p4
Reports on the plans of New Castle County, Delaware to sell up its general obligation bonds. Projects financed by the bonds proceeds; Ratings to the county's general obligation bonds; Performance of the region's financial services.
- CREDIT RISK, CREDIT RATINGS, AND MUNICIPAL BOND YIELDS: A PANEL STUDY. Capeci, John // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p41
This paper uses a panel data set of general obligation bond issues to examine the channels through which a municipality's credit quality affects its borrowing rate. The paper considers both the direct effect of changes in credit quality on changes in borrowing rates and the indirect effect that...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p31
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 22, 2004. Signature campaign launched by a group opposed to the Indianapolis School District's plan to issue $200 million of bonds; Standard & Poor's upgrade of its bond rating for Wayne County, Michigan; Moody's...
- Week Ends Mostly Flat in Quiet Session. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds for the week ending March 6, 2009 in New York. Traders said that municipals finished largely flat and that tax-exempt yields were better by up to a basis point on the long end, weaker by up to a basis point on the shorter end and...
- Munis Firmer; Calif. Speeds Up $1.125B Deal. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/23/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33421, p2
The article focuses on the performance of the municipal market in the U.S. It reveals the firm performance of the market following the California's 1.125 billion dollar priced tax-exempt general obligation offering that accelerates the institutional pricing. It outlines the yield trend in bonds...