S&P: N.H. Hospital Outlook Stable
- Wylie, Tex., Water Revs Get S&P Upgrade. // Bond Buyer;7/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31929, p2
Reports on the rating given by Standard & Poor's on the outstanding waterworks and sewer system revenue bonds of the local government of Wylie, Texas. Upgrade of the revenue bonds from BBB-plus to A-minus; Factors cited by analysts in upgrading the bond rating; Effect of the upgrade on the...
- Memphis Competitively Selling $125 Million of General Improvement Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p6
Reports that Memphis, Tennessee will sell general improvement bonds. Bond rating; Budget problems of the city; Bond maturities.
- Delaware's Lamest County Selling $80M of GOs. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/21/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31994, p4
Reports on the plans of New Castle County, Delaware to sell up its general obligation bonds. Projects financed by the bonds proceeds; Ratings to the county's general obligation bonds; Performance of the region's financial services.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31974, p31
Presents news briefs related to municipal bonds in the U.S. as of September 22, 2004. Signature campaign launched by a group opposed to the Indianapolis School District's plan to issue $200 million of bonds; Standard & Poor's upgrade of its bond rating for Wayne County, Michigan; Moody's...
- Week Ends Mostly Flat in Quiet Session. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33076, p2
The article reports on the performance of municipal bonds for the week ending March 6, 2009 in New York. Traders said that municipals finished largely flat and that tax-exempt yields were better by up to a basis point on the long end, weaker by up to a basis point on the shorter end and...
- No Change in Munis; Fed Holds Rate Target. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/24/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33339, p2
The article reports on the unchanged condition of the U.S. municipal market on June 23, 2010. Survey shows that the Federal Reserve held no change to the federal funds rate target and that the University of Texas System Board of Regents joined the market with its 516.3 million taxable Build...
- Fairfax Stays AAA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p33
Reports on the rating assigned by Fitch Ratings Inc. to the public improvement and refunding bonds of Fairfax County, Virginia. Plans to use bond proceeds to refinance outstanding general obligations bonds.
- MUNICIPAL BONDS: THE CHOICE OF WISE INVESTORS. Gallea, Anthony M. // Financial Executive;Jan/Feb1993, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the advantages of investing in municipal bonds. State and local governmental entities issue municipal bonds and they are bought with a basic denomination of $5,000. The interest which municipal bonds pay is free of federal income tax. Also, if the bond you purchase...
- West Virginia's $252M Lottery Deal, Now Scheduled for Jan. 6, Gets A From Fitch. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31791, p5
Focuses on West Virginia's lottery bond sale, scheduled for January 6, 2004. Issuance of the taxable bonds by the state's Economic Development Authority; Rating awarded by Fitch Ratings for the bonds; Total amount of the bonds to be issued by West Virginia; Purpose of the bond sale.