- Lower-Than-Expected Jobs Data Spurs Rally for Munis, Treasuries. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32023, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds as of December 3, 2004 bond trading in the U.S. Implication of the November 2004 wave of short-covering in Treasuries on the increase in municipal bonds; Percentage decrease in 10-year Treasury notes; Amount of taxable bond funds and equity bond...
- Give muni bonds a good look. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/17/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p1
The article presents an analysis on the state of municipal bonds in the U.S., which present investors with an intriguing opportunity. Analysts note that intermediate-term municipal bonds now yield around 3.7% in today's market. In the four weeks ended March 11, 2008, the average...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p33
Presents charts depicting market statistics on municipal bonds in the U.S. public finance sector as of July 13, 2004. Daily and weekly bond indexes; Short-term tax-exempt yields; U.S. Securities Prices; Municipal market data general obligation yields.
- Heavy New Supply Pushes Longer-Term Indexes Down. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p39
Describes the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 17, 2005. Factors that contribute to the underperformance in tax-exempts; Increase in "The Bond Buyer's" one-year note index; Weekly average yield to maturity on "The Bond Buyer" 40-bond municipal bond index.
- Municipal Mysteries. Mysak, Joe // National Review;2/6/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p38
This article comments on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. in January 1995. The municipal bond market in Orange County, California is experiencing a hard time. The interest rates in the market is continuously improving while the bond issuance rate is decreasing. As investigated...
- Funds Gain 436.7M, First Inflows in 5 Weeks. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/2/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32123, p8
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond mutual funds for the week ended April 28, 2005 in the U.S. Net loss during the week; Total assets of municipal bond funds; Outflow of taxable bond funds.
- Weekly Reporters Post $614M of Outflows. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32780, p7
The article offers information on the weekly report of the municipal bond mutual fund market in the U.S. The reports from AMG Data Services indicated that the market had a net outflow of $614 million during the period ending December 19, 2007. This is the largest net cash outflow from June 30,...
- High-Yield Muni Funds Go Under SEC Review. Fine, Jacob; Hume, Lynn // Financial Planning;May2004, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in the examination of high-yield municipal bond funds. Percentage of the net asset values of the municipal bonds; Total municipal bond assets in 2003.
- Muni Market Finishing Off Last of Week's Big Deals. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;7/15/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F375, p1
The municipal bond market on Thursday was prepared for the final countdown as the last of the large new issues get set to hit the screens.