Gov.'s Taunts Fail to Spur Budget Talks
- BUDGET AND BUDGET EXECUTION IN THE NORTHWEST REGION OF ROMANIA. Ioan, Bătrâncea; Liviu, Bechiş; Larissa, Bătrâncea; Ioan, Stoia // Annals of the University of Oradea, Economic Science Series;Jul2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p846
The budget is a multiannual tool for financial forecasting both at micro and macro level. In this sense, regional and local government budget is a financial instrument that connects resources to use local funds in order to ensure the prosperity of the community concerned. Construction and...
- Thanks for nothin', bro. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;Jan2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Discusses the extension of state budget crises to local governments. Estimated funding cuts that will be experienced by Anoka County, Minnesota over the fiscal years 2003 and 2004; Impact of budget cuts on public services; Predicted increase of local property taxes in Minnesota.
- Councils may move to three-year budgets. Day, Karen // Public Finance;5/7/2004, p7
Reports that British local authorities could move to three-year budgets in the 2004 Spending Review after the Prime Minister promised schools longer-term financial planning in May. Financial stability and autonomy needed by schools to plan budgets effectively; Dispute between the government and...
- The determination of local public expenditures and the principal and agent relation: A case study. Megdal, Saron Bernstein // Public Choice;1983, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p71
The principal and agent relationship is important in the public sector. There, elected or appointed representatives act on behalf of the citizens of their jurisdictions. This paper examines the importance of the budget referendum, which allows the principals to approve or disapprove the proposal...
- The public's right to know. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/24/2005, Issue 323417, p26
Reports that Sacramento, California's struggle to agree on 2005 state budget threatens the public's right to have advanced notice of when local government is going to meet and what topics will be discussed. Budget proposal of the governor; Implications of the Ralph M. Brown Act.
- Wales focuses funds on health and education. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;10/15/2004, p12
Looks into the draft budget of the Assembly government of Wales. Amount of money appropriated for health service and education; Percentage increase of the budget for local government; Views of government officials on the matter.
- Councils see a struggle to hit efficiency targets. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;7/30/2004, p6
Reports that British local government leaders are expecting difficulties in meeting the financial efficiency targets set by the administration. Worth of efficiency savings required from local governments; Factors that can aggravate the problems of local governments in terms of meeting the...
- The myth of spending cuts. Ben-Ami, Daniel // Fundweb;12/3/2014, p1
The article presents the author's views on Great Britain's public spending that will increase as the election looms. The author states that public spending can be measure through to look at it as a proportion of Gross Domestic Product (GDP). It further discusses areas which are suffering...
- DID Budget Completed. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/16/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p9
This article reports on the approval by the city commissioners of Grand Rapids, Michigan of the Downtown Improvement District's (DID) fiscal-year spending plan. The budget for DID is set at $695,100 and has a listed general expenses of $532,500 for the fiscal year. The cost needed to operate the...