- Commerce CEO: No Effect from Bond Case. Kulikowski, Laurie // American Banker;1/28/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 19, p18
Discusses how Vernon Hill, Commerce Bancorp Inc.'s chairman and chief executive, does not expect the firm to be financially impacted by litigation stemming from its alleged involvement in a municipal bond underwriting scandal. Details of allegations in a shareholder lawsuit; How any financial...
- Commerce To Leave Negotiated Business. D'Ambrosio, Jill; Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;7/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31925, p1
Reports on Commerce Bancorp Inc. president Vernon W. Hill II's announcement that the company will exit the negotiated municipal bond underwriting business, during a conference call. Indictment of Commerce executives on federal fraud charges; Broker-dealer unit, Commerce Capital Markets' focus on...
- Commerce of N.J.'s Shares Hit Over Probe. Julavits, Robert; Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;10/31/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 210, p20
Shares of Commerce Bancorp Inc. of Cherry Hill, New Jersey, tumbled more than 5 percent as it acknowledged that the Securities and Exchange Commission was looking at whether it made campaign contributions to win bond underwriting business. Commerce Capital Markets generated $4.5 million of...
- Sovereign to Enter Munis. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // American Banker;7/15/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 135, p20
Reports that Sovereign Bancorp of Philadelphia is getting into municipal bond underwriting and that Commerce Bancorp Inc. of Cherry Hill, N.J. is getting out. Setting up of a fixed-income finance group by Sovereign; Tasks of the finance group; Focus of their sales efforts in Pennsylvania and New...
- Commerce Denies Political Exploitation. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;5/27/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 100, p19
Commerce Bancorp Inc. of Cherry Hill, New Jersey, has denied a report that it won municipal bond business from former New Jersey governor Donald T. DiFrancesco who is a board member of the bank. The 'Record of Bergen County' newspaper had reported that Commerce Bancorp's relationship with...
- Commerce Muni Pullback. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;7/14/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 134, p1
Reports that Commerce Bancorp Inc. plans to stop participating in negotiated municipal bond offerings and strengthen its risk management oversight. Reason for the decision, which involves the indictment of two senior staff members in a deal with the City of Philadelphia; Plan to continue to bid...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p23
Highlights the results of competitive municipal bond sales in the United States as of December 21, 2000. Greenwich, Connecticut's general obligation bonds; Coralville, Iowa's general obligation bond anticipation project notes.
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p24
Lists municipal bond calls and redemptions in the United States as of December 21, 2000. Kentucky Housing Corp.'s housing revenue bonds; Bossier Public Trust Financing Authority, Louisiana's single family mortgage revenue refunding bonds.
- Election Results. // Bond Buyer;12/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31042, p27
Lists municipal bond election results in the United States as of December 21, 2000.