Peripheral Symmetrical Gangrene
- THE MANAGEMENT OF GANGRENE IN THE EXTREMITIES. Samuels, Saul S. // Angiology;Dec1956, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p532
Focuses on the management of gangrene in the extremities. Importance on the classification of the type of gangrene; Consideration of the patient's condition prior to the treatment; Efficacy of conservative treatment.
- ANGIOPATHIES IN ACROSCLEROSIS. Calvert, Rowland J.; Nardell, Sydney G.; Raeburn, Cyril // Angiology;Apr1955, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p129
A case of acrosclerosis with calcinosis (Thibiergeï¿½Weissenbach syndrome) is described. Arteriography revealed occlusion of the right femoral and left posterior tibial arteries, a feature not previously emphasized, and one warranting further study. Gangrene and profound ulceration of the...
- Processes and outcomes of care for soft tissue sarcoma of the extremities. Paszat, Lawrence; O'Sullivan, Brian; Bell, Robert; Bramwell, Vivien; Groome, Patti; MacKillop, William; Bartfay, Emma; Holowaty, Eric // Sarcoma;Mar2002, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p19
Purpose: A population-based cohort study of soft tissue sarcoma of the extremities (STSE) in Ontario, Canada was conducted using linked administrative databases. Methods and materials: Electronic administrative databases were linked from the Ontario Cancer Registry, the Canadian Institute for...
- PSDE. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1920
A definition of the acronym "PSDE," which means painful swollen deformed extremity, is presented.
- Sweet's syndrome. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2253
An encyclopedia entry for "Sweet's syndrome," which refers to a febrile illness with increased painful plaques on the limbs, face and neck, is presented.
- acropathology. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p35
A definition of the term "acropathology," which refers to any conditions of the extremities, is presented.
- FURTHER EXPERIENCES WITH GANGRENE OF THE EXTREMITIES. Samuels, Saul S. // Angiology;Feb1959, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p57
Cites case studies on gangrene of the extremities. Effectiveness of an iodine derivative of chlorhydroxyquinoline, especially combined with the anti-inflammatory effect of hydrocortisone as an antifungal and antibacterial substance for gangrene; List of case reports involving gangrene; Emphasis...
- The development and pilot randomised controlled trial of a group education programme for promoting walking in people with intermittent claudication. Tew, Garry A.; Humphreys, Liam; Crank, Helen; Hewitt, Catherine; Nawaz, Shah; Al-Jundi, Wissam; Trender, Hazel; Michaels, Jonathan; Gorely, Trish // Vascular Medicine;Aug2015, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p348
The aim of this study was to develop and pilot a group education programme for promoting walking in people with intermittent claudication. Patient focus groups (n=24) and literature reviews were conducted to inform the development of the education programme, which involves a three-hour...
- How to classify chronic venous diseases. // Modern Medicine;Aug96, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p50
Presents an abstract of a research titled, `Diagnosis of Chronic Venous Disease of the Lower Extremities: The `CEAP' Classification,' by R.L. Kistner, B. Eklof, E.M. Masuda, et al, and the editorial, `Classification and Reporting Standards for Venous Disease,' both published in the April 1996...