Durable Response to Thalidomide-Based Drug Therapy for Myelofibrosis with Myeloid Metaplasia
- Myelofibrosis: Thalidomide Finds a New Disease. Silver, Richard T. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jul2004, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p857
Editorial. Comments on a study on the long-term outcome of thalidomide treatment of myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia. Mechanism of action of thalidomide; Responses in the cellular phase of the condition; Therapeutic contribution in terms of quality of life.
- CORRIGENDUM. // Biologics: Targets & Therapy;2013, Vol. 7, p231
A correction to the article "Treatment and management of myelofibrosis in the era of JAK inhibitors," by C. Keohane, D. H. Radia, and C. N. Harrison that was published in the issue is presented.
- Thalidomide for Patients With Relapsed Multiple Myeloma After High-Dose Chemotherapy and Stem Cell Transplantation: Results of an Open-Label Multicenter Phase 2 Study of Efficacy, Toxicity, and Biological Activity. Richardson, Paul; Schlossman, Robert; Jagannath, Sundar; Alsina, Melissa; Desikan, Raman; Blood, Emily; Weller, Edie; Mitsiades, Constantine; Hideshima, Teru; Davies, Faith; Doss, Deborah; Freeman, Andrea; Bosch, Joan; Patin, John; Knight, Robert; Zeldis, Jerome; Dalton, William; Anderson, Kenneth // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jul2004, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p875
Objective: To determine the progression-free survival at 12 weeks, to evaluate the toxic effects, and to analyze the biological activity of thalidomide in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma (MM) after high-dose chemotherapy and stem cell transplantation. Patients and Methods: From 1999 to...
- Lenalidomide before and after Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation in Multiple Myeloma. Tuchman, S. A.; Chao, N. J.; Gasparetto, C. G. // Advances in Hematology;2012, p1
No abstract available.
- RÃ©gression clinique complÃ¨te d'une lÃ©sion gingivo-mandibulaire de myÃ©lome multiple aprÃ¨s chimiothÃ©rapie exclusive associant dexamÃ©thasone et lÃ©nalidomide. A propos d'un cas. Even, Jennifer; LeGoubey, Capucine; Sudrat, Yannick; Devoize, Laurent // MÃ©decine Buccale Chirurgie Buccale;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p113
We present the case of a 55 year-old woman with advanced IgA lamba multiple myeloma who developed a mandibular gingival plasmacytoma. Therapeutic solutions are limited, conventional treatments had been all exhausted; it is decided to make an exclusive chemotherapy with a combination of...
- JAK Inhibition with Ruxolitinib versus Best Available Therapy for Myelofibrosis. Harrison, Claire; Kiladjian, Jean-Jacques; Al-Ali, Haifa Kathrin; Gisslinger, Heinz; Waltzman, Roger; Stalbovskaya, Viktoriya; McQuitty, Mari; Hunter, Deborah S.; Levy, Richard; Knoops, Laurent; Cervantes, Francisco; Vannucchi, Alessandro M.; Barbui, Tiziano; Barosi, Giovanni // New England Journal of Medicine;3/1/2012, Vol. 366 Issue 9, p787
Background: Treatment options for myelofibrosis are limited. We evaluated the efficacy and safety of ruxolitinib, a potent and selective Janus kinase (JAK) 1 and 2 inhibitor, as compared with the best available therapy, in patients with myelofibrosis. Methods: We assigned 219 patients with...
- Ruxolitinib for myelofibrosis therapy: current context, pros and cons. Pardanani, A // Leukemia (08876924);Jul2012, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p1449
The author discusses the pros and cons of ruxolitinib for the treatment of myelofibrosis. The author mentions a clinical trial which supports that ruxolitinib could be the best available therapy for the management of the said disease. The author states that short-term and long-term...
- Database study of lenalidomide (RevlimidÂ®) in Germany: monitoring off-label use. Dörks, Michael; Langner, Ingo; Behr, Sigrid; Timmer, Antje; Garbe, Edeltraut // GMS Medizinische Informatik, Biometrie und Epidemiologie;2013, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Background: Lenalidomide, a derivate of thalidomide, in combination with dexamethasone is indicated for the treatment of multiple myeloma in patients who have received at least one prior therapy. In the USA, lenalidomide is also licensed for the treatment of a certain form of myelodysplastic...
- Safety and Efficacy of Lenalidomide in Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma. Alegre, Adrian; Vicua, Isabel; Aguado, Beatriz // Clinical Medicine Insights: Oncology;2012, Issue 6, p1
Lenalidomide is an oral immunomodulatory drug that has helped improve outcomes in multiple myeloma (MM) patients. Combination lenalidomide and dexamethasone (Len+Dex) has been shown to increase response rates and prolong survival compared with dexamethasone alone in patients with relapsed or...