- The Changing Job Market. // Publishers Weekly;9/30/2013, Vol. 260 Issue 39, p4
The article focuses on a discussion of the panelists from the publishing industry in the U.S. on the state of the changing jobs market of the industry. The panelists include David Bronstein of Perseus Books Group, Lorraine Shanley of Market Partners International, and Susan Gordon of Lynne...
- Shanley resigns as editorial director at H & R. // Publishers Weekly;2/17/1989, Vol. 235 Issue 7, p12
Reports the resignation of editorial director Lorraine Shanley from Harper & Row's adult trade division.
- Speaking of The Scientist. // Scientist;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 25 Issue 11/12, p16
The article presents quotes from the public regarding the end and the resurrection of the publication for the periodical "The Scientist," including Nada Porter of University of Kentucky, Katia Del Rio-Tsonis of Miami University, Florida and Dianne Moses of Griffith University, Australia.
- Bandwagon. // New Republic;2/1/54, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p23
Presents several patriotic quotations published in various U.S. publications as of January 1954.
- HEARD AROUND THE BIZ. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Sep2011, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p12
The article presents quotes from Gleen Hughes of Aviation Group promoting book advertising, Steven DeLuca of the periodical "DEPARTURES" discussing about advertisers and Paul Verna of "AdWeek" saying that publishers will eke from Apple Inc.
- Finding the good parts. Ott, Bill // Booklist;3/01/97, Vol. 93 Issue 13, p1200
Presents a number of quotations about writing and publishing. Includes quotations from Martin Amis; Fred Allen; Calvin Trillin; Kingsley Amis; Sylvia Path.
- Words right out of their mouths. Kelly, Michael // New Yorker;3/27/95, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p37
Discusses the collection of quotations that are formally called advance praise but are vulgarly known as blurbs in the book publishing business. Emergence of a new type of blurb prompted by the meeting of ethics and politics; Case of Stan Greenberg.
- The Bandwagon. // New Republic;5/6/36, Vol. 86 Issue 1118, p369
Presents quotes from various publications related to political and social events that took place around the world. Advertisement of L. Charpentier, building contractor, construction engineer and architect of tombstones and mausoleums published in the periodical "Echo"; Comments of Allen B....
- Where the database works best in publishing. Stell, Jennifer F. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/15/99, Vol. 28 Issue 16, p76
Focuses on four executives' views of the role of databases in the publishing industry. Utilization of the database to market ancillary products; Record levels of profitability through database; Way of contacting people and targeting customers; Part of circulation marketing and advertising programs.