People In The News
- bookbag. // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p126
Presents news briefs on the book publishing industry as of August 9, 2004. Amount raised by the National Braille Press at its auction and fund-raising event in Massachusetts; Award received by author Jennifer Donnelly in England for her book "A Gathering Light"; Shortlist for the Kate Greenaway...
- The Joy of Paula. Coville, Bruce // Horn Book Magazine;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p624
Presents an article describing a personal relationship with children's book author Paula Danzinger. First book written by Danzinger; Life experiences.
- HarperCollins To Take Readers "Behind The Scenes" With P.S. // Book Publishing Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p1
Reports that HarperCollins Publishers Inc.'s Perennial division is following the lead of movie studios that add special features to DVDs by adding an extra page section called 'P.S.' to its paperback books. Features of the P.S. section; Origin of the idea for expanding the standby 'about the...
- WHY NOT? MASURAT, ANASTASIA // Bitch Magazine: Feminist Response to Pop Culture;Fall2008, Issue 41, p66
An interview with authors Justina Chen Headley, Carolyn Mackler, Ellen Wittlinger, and Sara Ryan is presented. When asked about the young adult (YA) writers they read as a teenager, they mention Paula Danziger as Headley's favorite, Lois Lowry for Mackler, and Susan Cooper for Ryan. In terms of...
- New HC imprint will focus on brand publishing. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p15
Reports on Harpercollins' imprint, HarperHorizon. Release of its first title in February 1998; Its wish to become the preferred publisher for companies with strong brands or licenses; Its plans and alliances.
- Digging for gold. Goldsmith, Olivia // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Mar97, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p5
Expresses insights about the prospect that a manuscript submitted by unpublished writers to HarperCollins will be published. Changes in publishing; Importance of feedback; Quality of the manuscripts; Proposal for a contest allowing any unpublished author access to an editorial read.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD. // Book Publishing Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p3
Presents a list of New York best seller scorecard of publishers for the year 2002. Titles of books published by publisher HarperCollins.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD. // Book Publishing Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p5
Presents a list of New York best seller publishers for the year 2002. Titles of books published by publisher HarperCollins.
- Mixed Year For HC, But 'Fourth Quarter Rocked' // Book Publishing Report;8/19/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the financial results of publisher HarperCollins for the final quarter of fiscal 2002, ended June 30. Operating profits; Total revenues; Reasons for the growth in sales.