Supply Chain Worries Top Christian Booksellers' Anxieties For 2004
- Staff shakeup at CBA. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Oct97, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the Canadian Booksellers Association's (CBA) replacement of its staff members. Names of employees leaving the association; Reshuffling of the employees in key positions; Reasons for the high turnover; Plans of the association; Changes in membership rules.
- Staying Steady and Taking Stock. Kinsella, Bridget // Publishers Weekly;9/30/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 39, p22
Focuses on the effort of the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (PNBA) to address the need of publishers for more orders from booksellers. Number of booksellers who attended the 2002 PNBA show in Portland, Oregon; Number of copies of the holiday catalogue to be shipped by PNBA.
- Moment of truth for CBA. Pike, Jennifer // Quill & Quire;Feb2002, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p17
Comments on the role of the Canadian Booksellers Association in promoting book trade. Leadership in regional branding campaigns; Commencement of a national gift certificate programs; Collaboration between independent bookstores and publishers.
- Talon turns 30. Elash, Anita // Quill & Quire;Jun97 Supplement, Vol. 63, p4
Reports that publishing company Talon Inc. is celebrating its 30th anniversary at the annual Canadian Booksellers Association trade fair in Canada in August 1997. Company history; Plans of the company to commemorate its anniversary.
- The sale of the century (so far). Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jun2000, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p12
Comments on the reaction of publishers about the plans of Reed Exhibition Cos. for buying the convention and trade show of Canadian Booksellers Association (CBA) in Canada. Problem on the performance of CBA; Decline in the attendance of booksellers in the event; Plans of Reed to add...
- CBA encounters trade show concerns. Toller, Carol // Quill & Quire;Oct98, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p6
Reports on publishers' concerns regarding prepayment and timing for 1999 convention to be held by Canadian Booksellers Association (CBA). Impact of prepayment policy on the participation of publishing industry Literary Press Group in the trade show; Discount offered in prepayment schedule;...
- A Buoyant Mood in London. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, pS1
Highlights developments in the British publishing industry in 2002. Potential implications of the euro for the industry; Comparison of the British and American book industries; Changes at the Booksellers Association; Target growth of Simon & Schuster Inc. in 2002.
- GLBA Extends Book Sense's Sampler. Zellar, Brad // Publishers Weekly;8/26/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 34, p22
Provides information on the Advance Access program launched by the Great Lakes Booksellers Association for regional publishers and member bookstores. Aim of the program; Importance of regional publishers and titles to independent booksellers.
- The Continuing Regional Roundup. // Publishers Weekly;10/19/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 42, p25
Describes activity at three regional trade shows related to publishing and bookselling. The New England Bookseller Association (NEBA) Trade Show and Annual Meeting in Boston, Massachusetts, October, 1998; The New Atlantic Independent Booksellers Association (NAIBA) meeting in Philadelphia,...