Poker Books A Sure Bet As Popularity of Game Surges
- Title Output In Key Subject Categories Up 6.3% In 2004. // Book Publishing Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p4
Reports on the output of key subject book categories from R.R. Bowker LLC in 2004 in the U.S. Percentage on the increase in overall output; Categories with reduced output; Growth rate of mystery books.
- ALA, Bowker To Develop Book Reviews On CD-ROM. // Information Today;Jun1987, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p12
This article reports on the agreement between the American Library Association with R. R. Bowker to publish book reviews from its Choice and Booklist journals on a CD-ROM product, Reviews Plus, to be released in 1987. In addition to the Choice and Booklist reviews, the Reviews Plus compact disc...
- ALA Publishing, Bowker to merge annual, yearbook. // American Libraries;Jun90, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p599
Announces that ALA Publishing and the R.R. Bowker Company negotiated a publishing agreement to combine the 'Bowker Annual' and the 'ALA Yearbook.' How the merger will affect marketing strategies; Focus of the new publication on broad national issues in the library and publishing fields.
- Publishing is focus of Bowker/KIP workshops. // Library Journal;6/1/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p1232
Reports on the team-up between R.R. Bowker Co. and Knowledge Industry Publications Inc. to organize a comprehensive workshop and exhibit program dealing with trade, textbook and educational publishing. Schedule of the PUBMART workshop sessions; Topics to be discussed.
- 4.7% Output Cut in 2005 a Growth Move. // Book Publishing Report;5/15/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the business performance of R.R. Bowker LLC, a company engaged in the publication of trade books in the U.S. The company indicated a decline in title output and an increase in graphic novels and mystery books in 2005. Other products such as cooking titles, business books,...
- A Case of Improving Content Flow--From Storage to Access. McClure, Marji // EContent;Apr2008, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p45
The article provides information on R. R. Bowker, an international standard book number (ISBN) agency for the U.S. The company receives data feeds from publishers, wholesalers, and distributors. Bowker handles a lot of information, from data being entered into its systems to data being requested...
- Book Title Output on the Decline, While Prices Remain Stable. Selsky, Deborah // Library Journal;4/15/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 7, p30
Reports that, according to R.R. Bowker, the publisher of "Books in Print," the number of book titles published in 1990 declined while prices remained stable. Observation that several of the Dewey Decimal classified categories increased in title output; Categories which increased the most,...
- Bowker: Titles Up 19% in 2003. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p7
Reports on an increase in total book output in the U.S. in 2003 according to statistics from R.R. Bowker. Number of new publishers that registered for International Standard Book Numbers; Reason for a decline in general fiction titles; Factors which contributed to an overall increase in book...
- Bowker, Micromedia Offer Books In Print with Book Reviews--Canadian Edition. // Computers in Libraries;Mar2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p22
Announces the launch of Books in Print with Book Reviews--Canadian Edition by R.R. Bowker and Micromedia, Ltd. Features of the software, including descriptive annotations and full-text reviews; Number of titles and publishers listed, including those titles distributed in Canada.