SWEET Music From VH1
- Kaitz PSAs. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/29/94, Vol. 124 Issue 35, p18
Reports on the plan of the Walter Kaitz Foundation to launch its first public-service campaign. Transmission of the spots to cable systems on September 8, 1994.
- Channeling frustration. Goldrich // SHOOT;12/19/97, Vol. 38 Issue 51, p4
Highlights the public service messages shown on the San Fernando Valley, California cable television Channel No. 6. Programming; Advertisements aired; Description of the public service announcements aired in the station; Refusal of major television networks to air public service announcements.
- MTV TUNES IN WAR ROLE. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;11/19/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 56, p1
Reports on the plans of the United States government and Hollywood to use the Music Television in conveying perceptions about the US. Potential to intersperse messages between programming segments; Videoconference held by the cabler to discuss initiatives to take; Launch of a pen-pal service...
- THE GOOD FIGHT. Anderson, Mae // Adweek Eastern Edition;1/15/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the public service advertising campaign launched by Music Television cable network. Campaign theme; Support from civil rights organizations.
- CIC PRODUCES HIGH-SPEED PSAs. Neel, K.C. // Cable World (10427228);10/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p10
Reports on the public service announcements (PSA) created by U.S. firm Cable in the Classroom (CIC) to inform parents, teachers and students about cable modem high-speed Internet access. Overview of the PSA; Relocation of CIC.
- Cable networks, agencies at odds over ratings. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p63
Reports on the advertising community's reaction to the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's (CAB) recommendation for the measurement of cable audience on a weekly or monthly basis rather than quarter hourly. Suggested use of Nielsen Media Research data; Issue on the evaluation of a buy after a...
- Money follows. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/27/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, Adweek p32
Presents forecasts for cable television's audience share for 1996. Efforts to encourage advertising in cable networks; Factors affecting television networks' purchase of cable commercial airtimes.
- Cable boasts record rating average. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p17
Presents the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau's findings of the average record rating in total United States homes of advertising-supported cable television networks in June 1994. Prime time rating; Networks which show a ratings decline.
- Advertisers chase real ratings for cable TV. Burnett, Kate // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p13
Reports on the countries in Latin America wherein cable television networks are finding ways to measure the audience of their programs to give advertisers enough information to decide. Demand of advertisers for more data from cable television networks; Advertising market in Latin America.