The Time Is Right for PC DVRs
- Starz Gets Real With Broadcast SVOD. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p20
Reports that U.S.-based cable television networks Starz Encore Group LLC and Real Networks Inc. will offer a broadband-based online subscription video-on-demand service as of 2003. Consumers who can buy movies online through the facility; Price of subscription for the facility; Efforts of Real...
- Starz Lines Up Universal for SVOD Distribution. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p8
Reports the subscription video-on demand offerings of Starz Encore Group LLC in the United States. Acquisition of rights to releases and library titles from Universal Studios; Terms of the deal; Access to all of the studio partner's movie content.
- Hello, Please Try Our VOD Free-For NOW. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);4/29/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p54
Deals with the use of telemarketing in promoting subscription video-on-demand (VOD) product. Remarks from Greg DePrez, Starz Encore Group vice president-subscription VOD; Problems faced by telemarketers from targeted subscribers; Plans of Starz once VOD becomes successful.
- TiVo, Starz ink PPV pact. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;09/19/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 12, p3
Reports on digital video recording service TiVo's partnership with cabler Starz Encore Group to jointly develop subscription video on demand and pay-per-view services. Terms of the agreement; TiVo's partnership with the Professional Golf Association Tour to create merchandise and...
- Starz Encore, Metabyte Team For Video-On-Demand Services. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;09/18/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the video-on-demand service deal between California-based Metabyte Networks Inc. and Starz Encore Group as of September 18, 2000. Details of the business agreement; Company background.
- SPEEDING VOD. // Variety;5/6/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 12, p8
Reports that Paramount TV has sold the exclusive rights of motion picture titles to Malone's Starz! for its subscription-video-on-demand service. Cost of the video-on-demand service.
- Altrio Results Provoke New SVOD Bent for Starz. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p28
Encouraged by early returns from a launch in a Los Angeles, California cable overbuild, Starz Encore Group LLC may expand its push to package a premium service or multiplex alongside subscription video-on-demand (SOVD). As part of the marketing efforts in Arcadia, Monrovia and Pasadena in...
- Starz!, Real team on PC movie service. // CED;Aug2004, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the launch of the Internet-based subscription movie service of RealNetworks Inc. and Starz Encore Group LLC dubbed Starz! Ticket on Real Movies. Target market of the service; Subscription cost; Required level of broadband connection for access.
- Starz's Sie Makes Online Deal But Says 'Heart Is With Cable' Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);12/9/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 46, p12
Reports on the plan of Starz Encore chairman and chief executive officer John Sie to distribute movies via online distributor RealNetworks. Benefits to cable operators; Companies that are taking advantage of broadband via the Internet; Information on niche networks being developed by Starz.