- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p37
Presents news briefs related to the cable and telecommunication industry as of November 10, 2003. Move of EchoStar Communications Corp. to add broadcast channels; Plan of Bill Bolster of CNBC to retire; Preparation of Cinemax for the launching of East and West Coast HDTV feeds.
- CLOSING PRICES. // Multichannel News;9/8/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p34
Presents charts of changes in the stock prices of several cable television operators, programmers, equipment vendors and telecommunication companies in the U.S. from August 26 to September 2, 2003.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;04/09/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 15, p36
Presents stock prices of companies in the telecommunication and television broadcasting industries as of April 3, 2001. Multiple system operators (MSO); Programmers; Equipment vendors; Telecommunication companies; Wireless cable; Stock information on Scientific-Atlanta Inc.
- EchoStar's HD Plan Under Attack. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/29/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p32
Reports on the proposal of Charlie Ergen of Echostar to use satellite telecommunication in broadcasting high-definition network feeds from New York and Los Angeles, California to customers who can not obtain the same digital programming locally. Criticism from the National Association of...
- Stateside FCC ruling against satellite company. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;12/21/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 50, p6
The article reports on the ruling of the Media Bureau of the Federal Communications Commission that the two-dish plan of Echo Star Communications has violated both the Communications Act and the rules of the Commission in Puerto Rico. The decision will affect dish customers because they will not...
- Dish Networks Drops Lifetime Channels In Contract Dispute. // Satellite Today;1/4/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on the decision of Echostar Communications Corporation to drop Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network from its Dish Network satellite TV service because of a contract dispute with Lifetime Television. According to Lifetime, Dish Network refused to negotiate a reasonable carriage...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p11
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of December 22, 2003. List of the cable TV shows that are nominated in the Golden Globe Awards; Scope of the service of direct-broadcast satellite provider Dish Network of EchoStar Communications Corp.; Carriage deals forged...
- Losing the middleman. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/26/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 9, p11
This article reports that with big telecommunications firms planning to launch their own video services, Wall Street observers have repeatedly predicted the end of joint sales agreements between them and satellite TV operators. Last week, industry watchers got one of the biggest and clearest...
- EchoStar Lobbying for Satellite DTV. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;4/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p8
Deals with the petition on satellite digital television made by EchoStar Communications to the U.S. Congress in April 2004. Overview of the petition; Outline of the congressional testimony presented by EchoStar senior vice-president and general counsel David Moskowitz to the U.S. House...