Rainbow DBS Rules Waves
- FCC moves to process new satellite applications. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;8/28/95, Vol. 125 Issue 35, p26
Informs about FCC's International Bureau's plans to start the awarding licenses for orbital slots to satellite carriers. End of processing phase; Redefinition of FCC's satellite policies; Procedures to be followed; Response of the satellite carrier industry to FCC's proposals.
- Dolan's got 2 birds in hand via auction. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/15/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the satellite orbit licenses won by Rainbow DBS Inc. from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission in an auction. Use of the capacity by EchoStar Communications for additional channels; Willingness of executive Charles Dolan to spend $482 million getting satellite television service...
- MCI DBS review? // Electronic Media;11/18/96, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission chairman, Reed Hundt, has been asked by Time Warner's president Ricard Parsons to withhold action on MCI's application for a direct broadcast satellite (DBS) license. Why Parsons has proposed that MCI's possible acquisition by...
- Senate panel OKs satellite superstation bill. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;3/28/94, Vol. 124 Issue 13, p14
Reports on the extension of superstation licenses for home satellite by the Senate Patents, Copyright and Trademarks Subcommittee. Proposal at the House of Representatives for the payment of fair market values; Enforcement of provisions on illegal showing of satellite programming.
- Star's DTV wins license to bow H.K. satcaster net. Kwong, Kevin // Daily Variety;07/07/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 23, p17
Reports that China-based Hong Kong DTV has won its bid for a satcasting license and pledged to invest $32 million in the venture over the next three years from 2000.
- I&B Ministry grants new provisional licences to 27 MSOs. // Indiantelevision.com;2/4/2016, p1
The article reports on provisional licenses granted by the Information & Broadcasting Ministry to multi-system operators (MSO) in various Indian states including Haryana, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
- FCC Pushes DBS Powers Out of Auction. Maffei, Glenn // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p46
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to restrict bidding eligibility on TV satellite licenses to companies without nationwide satellite reach. Effect of the decision on direct-broadcast satellite (DBS) operators EchoStar Communications Corp and DirecTV Inc.;...
- McCain Not Pleased With Northpoint. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the national video and data spectrum license application of Northpoint Technology with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Opinion of Senate Commerce Committee chairman John McCain (R-Ariz.) on the submission of Northpoint of the names of people who would benefit if it...
- ...and on with it. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 47, p114
Editorial. Focuses on the compulsory license/retransmission consent scheme for cable television in the United States. Coverage of satellite retransmission of local television signals; Extension to Internet streaming.