Outlook: Net Gains, Sub Losses
- Local-Ad Sales Softness Stings Viacom. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p6
Reports on the decision of Viacom Inc. to lower its full-year revenue and earnings guidance due to the slow recovery of the local cable television advertising market in the U.S., as of September 29, 2003. Decline in Viacom's share price; Forecast on local advertising growth for local...
- Is Retrans Cash Viable? Farrell, Mike; Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;4/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p41
Questions the viability of the retransmission profits of CBS Television Network, the cable television network being operated by Viacom Inc. Plans of the company to divide its operating units; Potential impact of its corporate spinoff on retransmission consent; Possibility of retransmission...
- Comcast Cites Hispanic Gains. Stilson, Janet // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p24
Deals with the performance of the Hispanic-American package of channels offered by Comcast Corp. in April 2005. Number of subsciribers in the package; Forecast of the growth of its Hispanic American customer base; Factors that contributed to the efficient performance of the Hispanic packages of...
- Fox News Is in Business With Comcast. // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p28
The article reports on the deal between Fox News Channel and cable operator Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Comcast will offer Fox News' business channel to its digital subscribers. The business channel would be available to 12 million Comcast subscribers. The business channel would also have...
- Still Strutting After All These Years. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 50, p20
Provides information on the top cable television networks in the U.S. based on the posted revenues in 2004. NBC; QVC; HBO.
- Cable's no better. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/16/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 30, p16
Predicts United States cable television networks' pool of upfront money to decrease in 2001. Factors attributing to the predicted trend; Percentage decline in the profitability of local industry players during the given time period.
- MSOs Report Record-Breaking Quarter for High-Speed Additions. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p10
Reports on the earnings posted by multi-system cable operators in the U.S. in May 2003. Factors behind the increased earnings; Strategies implemented by cable operators to improve their earnings; Influence of high-speed additions on cable earnings.
- Basic cable networks will continue to invest heavily in quality programs. // Advertising Age;2/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 9, special section pC-2
This section presents a graphical representation of forecasted increases in quality program investments by U.S. cable television companies from 1990 to 1998.
- PRESENTING MCGOWAN'S UPBEAT UPFRONT. // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p42
Focuses on the forecast of Bill McGowan, executive vice president of advertising sales for Discovery Networks U.S., on the growth of cable television in 2002 to 2003. Factors in determining advertisement spending; Forecast on the growth in cable viewership; Explanation for the low share of...