Here!, In Demand Ink a Deal
- Cablers step up to the plate with original gay programming. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;4/7/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 5, pA6
The article reports on the offer of cable provider Here! of gay original television programming in the U.S. Examples of gay programming offered by the network include the talkshow "Birch &x0026; Co.," hosted by Elizabeth Birch, the gay gothic horror series "Dante's Cove" and "In Her Line of...
- Carriage deals right Here! Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/6/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 3, p10
Reports that Here! has signed carriage deals with U.S. cable operators Comcast and Cox Communications. Number of cable and satellite households that can buy a Here! program; Description of Here! as a pay television network targeted to gays and lesbians; Description of shows planned.
- Market Finding a Home on Cable. Hill, Lee Alan // Television Week;4/25/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p32
Reports on the growth of GLBT programming in cable television in the U.S. in 2005. Background on Logo, an advertiser-supported cable network targeting gay audience; Advertisers of Logo; Information on films from here! network that featured the GLBT people.
- Cable's Here! inks PPV pic pact with In Demand. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/7/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 2, p5
Reports that Here! TV, the cable television programming service aimed at gays and lesbians, has signed a deal with In Demand to provide 30 hours a month of pay-per-view movies for video-on-demand starting August 1, 2004. Terms of the deal; Commercial aim of Here! TV; Terms of the advertising...
- Diva Expands to 1.7M Charter Homes. // Multichannel News;9/3/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p12
Reports the expansion of studios and cable systems of In Demand for video-on-demand marketing efforts in the U.S. Promotion of products in meaningful ways; Purchase of cross-channel spots in systems; Means of delivery.
- Logo a Go. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;6/27/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 26, p29
Reports on the launch of the gay-themed digital cable network Logo by Viacom in the U.S. on June 30, 2005. Agreement signed by Logo with other television broadcasting companies; Discretionary income projected by Logo's affiliate-sales executives in 2005; Television programs to be offered by Logo.
- I want my gay TV! Rybka, Ted // Echo Magazine;2/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the launch of Logo, the 24-hour GLBT-oriented cable TV channel in Arizona, by Cox Communications on March 15, 2006. Effort by state Senator Ken Cheuvront to include Logo in the state's cable lineup; Gay-themed programs to be aired on Logo; Subscription cost.
- New gay cable channels are coming soon. // Empty Closet;Aug2004, Issue 371, pB2
Presents information on Logo, an all-gay basic cable television channel backed by MTV and proposed by Matt Farber, to be available in the U.S. on February 17, 2005. List of locations where the channel will be available; Chances of Logo to gain advertisers.
- NEWS & COMMENT. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p7
Presents an update on issues related to broadcasting and cable industry in the U.S. as of March 2005. Launch of a television network for gays; Television broadcasting of the show "Spring Break Shark Attack"; E-mail sent by Andrew Heyward, president of Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) News, to...