Health Prescribes 'Hope'
- Disney Film 'Cooks' Up Primetime Win. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p23
Focuses on the primetime household ratings of cable television network and its programs in the U.S. Attainment of top position by Disney Channel; Rating of Lifetime Television; Position of TBS Super station.
- FX Premiere Sculpts Strong Ratings. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p32
Reports on the rating of FX's cable television program 'Nip/Tuck.' Household rating of the program; Numbers of adults attracted by the program; Position of the program among cable's top rated original series debuts.
- Australia: Seven rolls winning numbers with trio of hits. Groves, Don // Variety;4/4/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 7, pA17
Reports on developments in the television broadcasting industry in Australia as of April 2005. Television programs that have contributed to the ratings of broadcaster Seven; Views of Michael Healy, director of programming Nine, on the shows of Seven; Genre of television shows that Healy will be...
- RX FOR HEALTH: 'HOPE' Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/19/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 10, p8
Reports that cable television network Discovery Health Network has purchased rerun rights to the television program "Chicago Hope". Details of the rights agreement; Failure of the rerun plans of cable television network Lifetime for the television program; Rerun plans of Discovery Health Network...
- Big News in TV's Ratings Race. McClellan, Steve // Adweek;9/20/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 33, p8
The article discusses ratings for television programs on broadcast television networks and cable television. An overall increase in ratings for audiences for broadcast television programs in the 2009-2010 television season is examined. A corresponding decline in overall ratings for cable...
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.