Summer Season Productive for SoapNet
- Gettin' Business-y. DUMENCO, SIMON // New York;10/29/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 38, p32
The article notes the 2007 launch of the Fox Business Network, a cable television news channel devoted to covering the world of business. The author reviews the new programs as if they were concocted reality shows or soap operas and discusses the anchors and correspondents as if they were...
- SoapNet Awash in April Emmy Stunts. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/3/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p22
Focuses on the coverage of the Daytime Emmy Awards by SoapNet cable television network in April 2006. Overview of the television shows related to the awards shown and will be shown on the network; Premiere of the "Young and the Restless," whose rights were acquired from Sony Pictures...
- A Real Cliffhanger. Ordoñez, Jennifer // Newsweek;1/28/2008, Vol. 151 Issue 4, p58
The article discusses the steady decline of the U.S. soap opera industry, and speculates on whether the writers strike could bring about the end of the genre. The article states that during the strike, many soap operas have begun using writers who are not members of the Writers Guild of America...
- SOAPnet. // Advertising Age;2008 Cable Guide, Vol. 79, pC76
The article focuses on the cable television network SOAPnet. The network's programming is primarily reruns of daytime soap opera programs and serial prime time television programs. It will debut a reality television program featuring the wives of professional hockey players in the 2008-2009 season.
- This is Soap (TV program). Walker, Martin // ScotsGay Magazine;Aug2003, Issue 53, p15
Reviews the television program "This is Soap."
- A Winning Formula. Carter, Alan // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, special section pS8
Discusses the factors that contributed to the success of SoapNet, a cable soap opera network owned by Disney ABC Cable Networks. Challenges faced by the network in broadcasting drama series, according to senior vice president Sandy Wax; Reasons behind the increase in rating of the soap operas...
- Azteca's trio of new soaps don't wash with auds. Sutter, Mary; Paxman, Andrew // Variety;10/12/98, Vol. 372 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on the bid of the television station TV Azteca to revive its ratings by introducing soap operas in Mexico. Overnight ratings for the soap opera; Primetime share of Azteca for the second quarter of 1998.
- A Passion for Sudsy Story Lines. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;5/9/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 19, special section pS1
Discusses the factors that contributed to the success of SoapNet that was launched by Disney ABC Cable Networks in 2000. Advantages of the viewer's devotion to dramatic television programs to the network; Comparison of share in primetime programming between SoapNet and Lifetime; Sponsors of the...
- 'SOAP TALK' BUBBLE BURSTS. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/21/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 57, p10
The article reports on SoapNet's decision to cancel the television program "Soap Talk." The television program is hosted by Lisa Rinna and Ty Treadway. A network representative has confirmed the withdrawal of the program after four seasons on the air. The article reports on the poor ratings of...