Greenwalds Early Flicks On Sundance
- DOC ROCKS RUPE'S ROOST. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;7/12/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 5, p1
Reports that the documentary film "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism," directed by Robert Greenwald uses footage from Fox News cable network without its permission in the U.S. Reliance of the documentary in part on internal Fox News editorial memorandum; Former Fox News employees...
- AMC Shows Tinseltown's Female Touch. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/12/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p23
The article focuses on the documentary 'Women on Top: Hollywood and Power' to be shown on the cable television network AMC. The documentary lets Lauren Schuler-Donner, producer of Mr. Mom and You've Got Mail, explain how she's progressed without the help of director-husband Richard's coattails....
- Mexico feels the beat with VH1 Latin America. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;3/30/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 67, p8
Reports on the launching of the cable channel VH1 in Mexico. Project-by-project basis on some documentary-style shows.
- Outfoxed: Player-Hater? // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p11
Criticizes the documentary film "Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism," of the Fox News Channel. Issues on the subject of the documentary; View of Fox News Channel senior vice president John Moody on the network's coverage of the Iraq war; Relevance of the documentary to the 2004 U.S....
- ITV reveals new winter schedule. Yates, Karen // Campaign;11/27/98, Issue 48, p5
Focuses on winter air-time schedule of ITV in 1998. Focus of ITV schedule for winter season; Comedy and drama programs of ITV; Comments from Dave King, broadcast director of Carat.
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);6/10/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p24
Reports on various issues related to cable television in the U.S. as of June 10, 2003. Primetime programming of CNBC; Wimbledon 2002 coverage by Turner Network Television and CNNfn; Contract renewal for the series 'Queer As Folk.'
- Sex and Marketing. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;6/23/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 25, p18
The article reports on the marketing strategy implemented by cable television network HBO for the launch of the program 'Sex and the City.' From way back, HBO spent heavily on marketing, figuring it was hard enough to get people to pay for basic television and a real leap to have them pay even...
- Sony India gets real. // Daily Variety;01/31/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 43, p16
Reports on plans by Sony Entertainment Television India to concentrate on reality shows. Company's launch of the game show 'Jeeto Chappar Phaad Ke' with a 17-million-dollar budget; Introduction of the reality series 'Survivor' to the local market.
- Salad Days. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p8A
Focuses on daytime programming of cable networks in the U.S. Factors that created a television audience during the daytime; Kinds of shows being presented by cable networks during daytime; Daytime ratings of the cable television industry from, September 23, 2002 to August 24, 2003.