Cable's Best and Brightest in Retail
- Broadcast and cable: Get it together. Miles, Laureen // Adweek Western Edition;3/21/94, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p16
States that broadcast television stations and local cable operators should build stronger alliances for more effective positioning as niche media to advertisers. Need for tv stations to use local cable systems as distributor; Zoning of tv station ad efforts.
- Bravo Beefs Up for Fall. Frutkin, Alan James // MediaWeek;10/04/99, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p14
Reveals the marketing campaign of cable network Bravo. Information on the series `Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends'; Marketing budget; What the campaign includes; Other series aired at Bravo; Strategy of the network.
- Time Warner Cable: El Paquetazo. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;6/8/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 21, p15
The article examines an advertising campaign for Time Warner Cable aimed at Hispanic American consumers in New York City. The campaign, created by the advertising agency Gotham, is marketing a package of Hispanic American entertainment cable television channels. It uses bilingualism to stress...
- Once-'timid' cable operator bags product-oriented messaging. POGGI, JEANINE // Advertising Age;4/16/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 16, p28
The article focuses on Jeff Hirsch, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of the cable television company Time Warner Cable. Hirsch discusses marketing by the company aimed at preventing so-called cord cutting in which cable television subscribers cancel their service or switch to satellite television....
- Time Warner's $4K Coupon Catches Eyes. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p16
Reports on the Time Warner Cable systems' second 'The Big Picture' campaign in California's Orange and Los Angeles counties. Message behind the campaign; Success of the company's first campaign in 2000; Mechanics of the promotional campaign.
- With growth stymied by ads from Time Warner, Comcast and Cox, Verizon's Fios changes billing, contract offerings. Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;6/28/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 26, p3
The article examines marketing by Verizon Communications of its Fios cable television service. The company has altered its billing practices and the contracts offered its customers to counteract negative comparative advertising by major cable television companies such as Time Warner Cable and...
- Some Operators 'Ahead of Curve' in Olympic Pitches. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p3
Reports the efforts of cable operators for marketability of advertising materials for the Salt Lake Winter Olympics in the United States. Use of different marketing strategies for Olympic telecast marketability; Update on the sale of Olympic inventory in percentage terms; Impact of the in-store...
- ID Upgrades Channel Slot, Hits NYC With Campaign. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;8/17/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p4
The article focuses on the cable television network Investigation Discovery. The network will switch it channel identification number on Time Warner Cable's New York City system from 113 to 23, which it hopes will attract larger audiences. The network is visiting media buying services in the...
- TWC Drops on 126K Sub Loss; Focusing Now on High-Speed Data. // Multichannel News;10/31/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 41, p3
The article reports on the moves of Time Warner Cable Inc. which is intensifying its efforts to get more customers by focusing on marketing high-speed data, extending its broadband reach, and experimenting with a high-speed data product to go with their TV Essentials package.