Many Forks in the Video-Streaming River
- Beta. // CableFAX Daily;12/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 236, p2
The article presents the results of the 2005 Cable Sub Study, which ranked the cable TV networks preferred by men, women and Internet viewers in the U.S. Some of the networks included ESPN, Discovery, HGTV and Lifetime.
- Walk Less, See More at INTX. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/30/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p32
The article offers information on the annual convention of the cable industry "INTX: The Internet & Television Exposition" to be held in Chicago, Illinois, from May 5-7, 2015.
- Niche broadcasters look to extend reach. Pursell // Daily Variety;01/24/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 37, p13
Reports on United States niche television broadcasters' extension of their reach as cable becomes increasingly diversified. Development of partnerships or own brands online to take advantage of the specialized nature of the Internet; Increase in audience splintering; Alliances between cable and...
- Cable Providers Seek Growth Outside TV. King, Danny // Television Week;3/3/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p36
The article focuses on the efforts of cable companies to seek growth outside the television sector in the U.S. Of the four largest publicly traded cable companies reporting in March 2008, all reported higher revenues and three reported improved earnings from a year earlier. It states that while...
- BROADCAST BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p38
Presents news items related to various developments in the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of May 15, 2003. Increase in the sport content in Yahoo! Platinum, an internet subscription package; E-learning and training courses provided by the Society of Cable Telecommunications...
- Online Video Takes After Its Parent, TV. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/17/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p14
The article explores how some online video providers are adopting aspects of the U.S. television (TV) broadcasting model to attract more users. Crackle has embraced a seasonal approach. Fancast is positioning its service as a day-after digital video recorder. The WB.com says users want...
- Cable's Place In the Unwired World. Bishop, Don // Multichannel News;11/28/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p29
The article presents opinion on the decision of U.S. cable television networks to launch wireless Internet services. It emphasizes the implications of the launch of wireless Internet services for television broadcasting. It discusses the impact of the development of wireless-fidelity (Wi-Fi) on...
- Advertising. // CableFAX Daily;12/15/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 242, p2
The article presents an update on advertising in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of December 15, 2005. McCormick Spices, Zondervan and Family Christian Stores will be sponsoring the holiday programming of Gospel Music Channel in December 2005. Research and Markets forecasts an...
- LURING CONSUMERS WITH A DOTCOM 'COME-HITHER' Grossman, Andrew // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p20
Deals with the use of Web sites owned by cable networks for providing election updates and political news in the U.S. Reliance of citizens on the Internet for political news; Advantages of Web sites over television news coverages; Improvements in the Web sites of Fox News, CNN and MSNBC.