Broadband Starts to Bring in the Bucks
- Surfing for laughs. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;10/02/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 41, p40
Reports on United States-based cable television network Comedy Central's plan to re-launch its Web site on October 2, 2000. Features of the redesigned Web site; Background on the company's Internet broadcasting strategy.
- VH1 Classic Gears for Launch. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;05/01/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p5
Reports on United States-based cable television company MTV Networks' plan to launch its VH1 Classic cable television network as of May 1, 2000. Features of the cable television network; Company's plan to use the network to promote broadband Internet technology.
- Weather Links to Cable-Modem Promo. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p128
Reports on the inclusion of Go2Broadband links to the cable-industry site of Weather Channel in the U.S. Advantages of incorporating the link to the web site of the company; Aim to assemble a master database of available cable-modem services; Enhancement to the services of Weather Channel.
- VH1 revamping Web Site. // Electronic Media;07/12/99, Vol. 18 Issue 28, p18
Reports on VH-1's plans for a major relaunch of its Web site. Promotional campaign of VH-1 owner MTV Networks.
- Riding the Kids Wave. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p36
The article deals with broadband videos for children developed by cable television networks in the U.S. An overview of the broadband site of Nickelodeon called TurboNick is given. MTV Network has launched its first broadband service for college students titled mtvU Ober. Details of the broadband...
- Box[e]ed In. Robichaux, Mark // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p32
In this article, the author discusses his opinion on conspiracy theories on cable operations and Internet. Accordingly, several cable networks have started in streaming the whole shows on their world wide web sites, stressing that cable operators have vividly shown their disapproval for it. The...
- Report: Quad-play unproven strategy. // RCR Wireless News;10/15/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p22
The article focuses on a report by Analysys which shows that the quadplay bundle is as yet unproven as a strategy by which operators can improve revenues and reduce churn. Analysys found that triple-play packages have helped U.S. cable operators to double average revenue per user and cut their...
- Broadband Net good Noos for French cable TV. Masters, Charles // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/21/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 40, p18
Reports that French cabler Noos is launching what it claims to be the first European live test of broadband television via the Internet. Planned broadcast of a mix of event programs starting November 2000 including the MTV Europe Music Awards; Use of multicast technology.
- Ãœber - Duper: MTV Nets Launch 1st Wholly Broadband Channel. // CableFAX Daily;10/11/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 197, p1
This article provides information on mtvU Uber, which is the first broadband channel launched by MTV Networks. MTV general manager Stephen Friedman offered a statement on the broadband channel. MTV has broadband networks that offer video clips and original content. Cisco Systems is partnering...