Streaming Becomes a Revenue Stream
- Interconnects Eye Robust 2000 Sales. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;05/15/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p78
Highlights the strong advertising sales posted by major-market cable television operators in the United States for the first quarter of 2000. Projection that the robust first-quarter results should continue in the next quarters; Strong sales from automotive and media categories.
- Cable should benefit from broadcast network upheaval. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/15/95, Vol. 125 Issue 20, p26
Reports that cable television networks in the United States are gaining advertising benefits from an unstable network broadcasting system where stations have a fast change of affiliation. Cable television advertisements; Share points of cable networks in prime time; Confusion from network shifting.
- HBO READY TO HELP LI'L BUDDY CINEMAX. Dempsey, John // Variety;7/1/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 7, p16
Talks about the support given by cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) to its sister channel Cinemax, through advertisements in its network,in July 2002 in the U.S. Decline in the subscriber count of Cinemax; Percentage of pay-TV households in the U.S. which order HBO as their first...
- Cable in Search of Best Web Model. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p18
This article focuses on the business models used by several cable television networks in the U.S. to represent their Web programming presence. As of April 2006, content providers are either trying traditional distributors like cable operators or they are enjoying free access to consumers that...
- Cable connects with advertisers. Cooper, Jim // Brandweek;09/20/99, Vol. 40 Issue 35, Media Outlook p38
Presents an outlook on cable programming in the United States for 2000. Merger activities of cable networks; Cable program ratings in 1999; Predictions on the increase in cable advertising; Obstacles in cable network growth.
- Right place, right time. Fahey, Alison; Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-18
Provides an outlook for the cable television industry in the U.S. in 1992. Reason that cable sales executives are optimistic about advertising revenue growth in 1992; Predicted increase in total cable revenues in 1992 by Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau.
- Cable Nees An Upfront of Its Own. Cunningham, Sean // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p41
Focuses on the requirement for a system for cable television broadcast upfront to provide better investment ability for its participating advertisers in the U.S. Investment loss for advertisers in the U.S. cable television industry; Advantage of better brand-building knowledge; Need for...
- The Case Of the Roving Ad Booster. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);9/29/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p12
Presents information on the local promotion tour called Mobile Investigation Unit of Court TV cable television network across the U.S. Details of the promotion tour; Local advertising sales generated by the tour for cable operators; Reasons cited for the success of the tour; Information on the...
- Change Is In the Air. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);5/19/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p17
Deals with the changes in the business practices of cable television advertising companies in the U.S. as of May 2003. Shift in the cable advertisement sale to broadcast advertisement sale; Interconnection of cable operators in all markets nationwide; Administrative, back-office and online...