Analyst Advocates Big Stock Buybacks
- Analyst Says Cable Stocks Have Bottomed. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;09/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p58
Discusses the report, entitled 'Where's the Bottom for Cable,' which showed a decline in cable stocks for the year 2000. Banc of America Securities LLC analyst Doug Shapiro's conservative valuations of the cable stock market; Three different methods used by Shapiro in determining the value of...
- The Great Divide. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 15, p10
Observes a division of the stock valuation of the cable television industry and their performance in the U.S. as of April 10, 2006. Claim of Doug Shapiro, a media analyst at Bank of America, on the disconnect between investor perception of competition and the marketplace condition; Success of...
- Stocks rise after news on Bush, AOL-TW. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p2
Focuses on an increase in share prices of cable television operators in the United States. Response to imminent regulatory approval of the America Online-Time Warner merger; Promise of a deregulatory-minded Republican administration at the White House; Impact of a lull in cable and broadcast...
- Takeover rumors boost Cablevision. Corry, Carl // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/30/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 49, p1A
Reports on the rise in publicly traded stocks of cable network provider Cablevision Systems Corp. as of December 6, 2001. Speculations concerning the possible merger of the company with a media company; Plans of the company to improve its financial performance; Business activities of the company.
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p4
A tabular representation of the stock performance of cable television companies in the U.S. as of September 21, 2005 is presented.
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;4/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p5
Presents a chart that lists the stock market performance of companies in the U.S. cable television industry as of April 10, 2006, including British Sky, Cablevision and AT&T.
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;11/15/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 222, p3
A chart is presented that lists the stock performance of several cable television companies in the U.S. on November 14, 2005.
- CableFAX Daily Stockwatch. // CableFAX Daily;11/18/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 225, p3
A chart is presented that lists the stock performance of cable television companies in the U.S. on November 17, 2005.
- CableFAX Week in Review. // CableFAX Daily;8/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 161, p3
A chart presenting the stocks performance of companies in the cable television sector, such as DirecTV, EchoStar and CableVision, is presented.