'Tour de Lance' Pays Off for OLN
- Supping at the subscriber plate. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;1/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p31
Reports on the introduction of cable networks targeting audiences and advertisers without affecting the business of the established networks in the U.S. List of cable channels to be launched as of January 2003; Strategies followed by networks to increase distribution; Advantages to advertisers...
- Ops Find New Ways to Tap Quiet Giant. Wlatner, Charles // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p37
Focuses on the different approaches used by companies in creating a programming photoclassified channel in the United States. Emphasis on longer advertising segments to reduce administrative hassles; Need for the operators to place classifieds on easy-to-find channels; Importance of marketing...
- No.3 ESPN SportsCenter. Slavens, Roger // B to B;5/8/2006, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p30
This article presents information on cable TV giant ESPN's "SportsCenter." The cable sports network giant rolled out its Mobile ESPN service on Super Bowl Sunday, and provides content ranging from real time scores to highlights and clips from "SportsCenter" that cellphone users can access 24/7...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p34
Presents news briefs on the cable television industry as of April 21, 2003. Change in the name of The National Network which will take effect on June 16; Advertising commitments received by Hallmark Channel; Plans to launch The Tennis Channel with coverage of the Tennis Masters series on May 15.
- Cable getting kicked in ads. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/17/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the declining demand for cable television advertising in the United States. Effect on cable television companies' programming budgets; Discount rate cable networks are being forced to give some advertisers; Status of theatrical-movie buys.
- Products star on cable TV's 'Home Shopping Show.'. Higgins, Kevin // Marketing News;1/23/1981, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p1
Focuses on the Home Shopping Show beamed via satellite by the Modern Satellite Network to community cable system across the U.S. Forecast on the potential audience of the show in 1998 according to James Perkins, president of Washburne Associates; Significance of the show to advertisers;...
- It's not just for broadcast anymore. Ault, Susanne // Broadcasting & Cable;9/24/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 40, p16
Focuses on the syndication of cable production in the United States. Programs launched through syndication; Status of the off-net broadcast syndication dollar deals; Benefits of broadcast network syndication to marketing.
- The quest for tweens. Phipps, Jennie L. // Electronic Media;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the importance of tweens, children between the ages of 9 and 14 to television broadcasting in the U.S. Preference of tweens for commercials; Goals of broadcast networks; Characteristics of programming.
- Cable siphons off more b'cast aud. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/09/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 26, p10
resents survey findings showing that cable television in the United States is taking a share of television audience away from broadcast television. Data from Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau; Improvement in Nielsens ratings received by primetime cable programs; Performance of individual cable...