Nielsen's 51% Solution Nixes Nicks
- TNT Formally Reclaims Prime Crown in '03. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p8
Reports that Turner Network Television (TNT) was the top-rated cable network in the U.S. primetime in 2003 according to Nielsen Media Research data. Primetime rating posted by TNT from December 30, 2002 to December 28, 2003; Rate of decline in the primetime rating of Lifetime television...
- Cable Tops Broadcast for Another Quarter. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;3/28/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p16
Reports on the viewership growth posted by cable networks in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2005. Comments from Jack Wakshlag, chief research officer for Turner Broadcasting; Wakshlag's forecast on the ratings competition between cable and broadcast networks; Reasons for the growing...
- Who's Really Watching? Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;5/16/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 20, p14
Offers a look at the potential of digital-cable set-top boxes in generating household ratings of TV programs in the U.S. as compared with the census model used by Nielsen Media Research as of May 2005. Details of cable operators who collect viewer data by using the new technology; Projected...
- To See Saddam, Viewers Caught Fox. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p30
Deals with the viewership gained by Fox News Channel in the U.S. in line with the coverage of the capture of former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein. Number of viewers of Fox according to Nielsen Media Research data; Impact of the coverage on the ratings of Fox News Channel; Household ratings of CNN...
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/15/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 33, p11
Presents data on the performance of cable television in the U.S. as of August 2005 according to Nielsen Media Research. Income per capita of viewers; Top syndicated TV programs based on audience rating; Information on commercial TV stations.
- Sweeps swept cable. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p47
Reports that ratings at 18 of the 20 largest basic cable networks in the United States were down during February 2000. Reasons for the decline; Performance of the programs on television networks American Broadcasting Co., Columbia Broadcasting System Corp. and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.;...
- Cable's top 25. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p38
Lists the top cable television programs in the United States for the week of March 29 to April 4, 1999. Includes `WWF Wrestling'; `Rugrats'; `South Park.'
- Cable networks grab bigger overall share. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1A
Looks at the competition provided by cable television networks to the big four television broadcast networks in time for the 1998 November sweeps in the United States. Increase in prime-time household delivery by advertisement-supported cable networks; Increase in cable networks' collective...
- Cable's Growth Continues. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;7/1/2002-7/8/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the increase in cable television audience in the U.S. as of July 2002. List of launched series which helped increase individual network ratings; Cable networks which experienced decline in household ratings; Suggestion on increasing the flow of audience from broadcast to cable.