Ergen's Big SHVIA Score
- Colorado Senators Want Probe Of DirecTV Over HDTV Signals. // Satellite Today;9/8/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 165, p1
The article discusses the actions of Colorado senators to ask the Senate Judiciary Committee to investigate a dispute between DirecTV and Echostar over network channels. Senators Wayne Allard and Ken Salazar have asked to examine whether DirecTV and News Corp. would threaten the viability of the...
- DBS operators gather as marketplace heats up. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/12/96, Vol. 126 Issue 34, p66
Reports on the growth in competition among direct broadcast satellite companies in the United States. Market effects of EchoStar Communications Corp.'s hardware price drop; Industry experts' anticipation of offers of program promotions and intensified marketing; Responses of DBS makers to...
- EchoStar making moves, Henderson still on hold. // Las Vegas Business Press;11/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p16
Reports that the DishNetwork of Colorado-based EchoStar Communications Corp. has started offering Las Vegas, Nevada channels in Clark, Lincoln and Nye counties by satellite television. Number of local channels offered in metropolitan areas.
- EchoStar's sales and losses soar. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;08/23/99, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p12
Reports on satellite television company EchoStar's financial performance for the second quarter of its fiscal year 1999.
- PrimeStar ponders a darker future. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p1A
Focuses on industry analysts' assessment of satellite television network PrimeStar's place in the direct broadcast satellite television industry in the United States. DirecTV's merger with USSB; EchoStar Communications' deal with News Corp.
- EchoStar ready for blast-off, again. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;12/18/95, Vol. 125 Issue 51, p72
Reports on EchoStar's announcement that it is still on schedule for an early 1996 launch of its direct broadcasting satellite (DBS) service. EchoStar's satellite launching from China for a December 20, 1995 launch; Pressure on the company to get into a DBS market; Options ready in case China...
- DBS companies respond to EchoStar price drop. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 35, p13
Reports on the response by direct broadcast satellite (DBS) companies in the United States to EchoStar's price drop in programming. Roll-out of promotional incentives by DBS operators; Features of DirecTV's offer to compete with EchoStar's price.
- Echostar: A DBS star matures. George, David; Ferguson, Tom; Brown, Matthew // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p54
Offers a look at the direct broadcast satellite television operation of EchoStar. Digital video and audio programming of EchoStar; Capabilities of the Uplink Center of EchoStar; Digital broadcasting infrastructure of the facility.
- Competitors move in on cable's turf. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);02/24/97, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p1
Reports that EchoStar Communications Corporation, a satellite television company in the United States, reduced its rates in an effort to attract its customers, who were lost to competitors. Features of DirecTV/USSB and PrimeStar, two satellite television systems; Monthly rates for cable and...