COMEDY VS. COMEDY, AND OTHER EMMY ODDITIES
- Broadcast Versus Cable. Again. Grosz, Christy // Variety;6/9/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 7, p33
The article considers the Best Drama program award of the Emmy Awards for television broadcasting. Complaints from television producers and executives that the award has become an unfair competition since cable television programs enjoy advantages over broadcast network programs including less...
- KUDOS CONGRUITY. Schneider, Michael; Levine, Stuart; Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;7/12/2010, Vol. 419 Issue 8, p13
The article discusses the number of Emmy nominations received by broadcast television networks as compared to cable networks. The authors notes that programs broadcast on the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) network such as "Modern Family" and "Dancing With the Stars" received nominations....
- Is It Broadcast vs. Cable, or Quantity vs. Quality? Lowry, Brian // Variety;6/4/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 5, p12
The author offers opinions on the Emmy Awards for television programs. Television programs broadcast on traditional broadcast networks are said to be at a disadvantage in the Emmys against cable and subscription television network programs, not merely because the latter have more freedom in...
- Emmys' Basic Instinct. Guthrie, Marisa // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p30
The article provides information about the nominations for the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards in the U.S. in 2008. HBO led the circle of nominations with 85, including 23 for the television program "John Adams," the most nominations of any program. First time in Emmy history was the nominations of...
- Aces wild. // People;12/02/96, Vol. 46 Issue 23, p90
Reports on the November 16, 1996 CableACE awards. Actor Drew Carey as host; The informality of the event; The shortness of the program, compared to other awards shows; Celebrities in attendance including Tracey Ullman, Eriq LaSalle, Gary Sinise who won a best actor award, Lela Rochon, Walter...
- The rise & rise of TV3. Shaw, Steven // AdMedia;Sep2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p30
Focuses on the reward of TV3 for consistency programming in New Zealand. Rate of TV3 against TVNZ; Comparison of audience level to different television stations; Improvement on the performance of sports coverage.
- MSNBC Gets 13 Emmy Nods. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p44
Focuses on 2003 News and Documentary Emmy Award nominations received by cable channel MSNBC. Nomination of 'The News With Brian Williams' for News Emmy award; Details of nominations received by other cable channels.
- HBO garners most CableACE nominations. // Electronic Media;09/29/97, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p62
Reports that Home Box Office (HBO), received the most nominations in the 1997 CableACE competition. Information on three other cable networks which doubled their 1996 take.
- HBO dominates ACE nominations. J.M.H. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/29/97, Vol. 127 Issue 40, p66
Reports that Home Box Office (HBO) received the most number of nominations for the 1997 CableACE Awards. HBO's programs with nominations; Other cable networks with nominations.