HBO In Position for Emmy Award Haul
- Cable Gets Into Tech Emmys Race. // Multichannel News;11/1/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p47
Reports on the nomination of several cable companies by the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the 2004 Technology and Engineering Emmy Awards in the U.S. Nominees for enhancement of original-television content category; Nominations garnered by Cablevision; List of nominees in...
- Primetime Pageant Prelude:. // CableFAX Daily;7/7/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 130, p1
Reports on the primetime Emmy nominations received by Home Box Office in 2006. Number of nominations received by the miniseries "Elizabeth" and "Mrs. Harris"; Cable networks that received more nominations compared in 2005; Television programs that received Emmy nominations.
- Emmys' Basic Instinct. Guthrie, Marisa // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 28, p30
The article provides information about the nominations for the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards in the U.S. in 2008. HBO led the circle of nominations with 85, including 23 for the television program "John Adams," the most nominations of any program. First time in Emmy history was the nominations of...
- Consistently Inconsistent. Roush, Matt // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p42
Criticizes the nominations of cable television programs for the 2004 Emmy Awards in the U.S. Concept of the television program "Arrested Development" of Fox; Status of the television programs of FX; Nominations received by HBO.
- Cable's kudo strength continues to grow. Barker, Andrew // Daily Variety;8/13/2009, Vol. 304 Issue 29, pA1
The article discusses various issues concerning Emmy Awards' decision to accept drama nominations from cable television networks in the U.S. It cites the five out of seven nominees for the 2009 awards, which left the industry's executives and critics to wonder if broadcast network televisions...
- Emmy Likes HBO a Lot. Albiniak, Paige; Eggerton, John; Sparks, Abbie jean // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the nominations received by U.S. cable networks for the 2004 Emmy Awards. Number of nominations received by HBO for the television program "Angels in America" and "The Sopranos"; Nominations received by the television program "Everybody Loves Raymond" of CBS; Information on the...
- Broadcast Handed Another Setback. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);9/29/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p24
Reports on cable and television broadcast winners at the Emmy Awards on September 21, 2003. Number of awards won by cable networks; Information on the special award won by the Lifetime cable network; Award won by "Monk" television program.
- Analyzing the Victories. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/26/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p62
Focuses on the victories achieved by cable networks in the Emmy Awards. Historical background of cable television; Television networks that won at the 2005 Emmy Awards; Growth of the quality and quantity of programs on cable television; Possible partnership between cable television and the Emmys.
- Cable's connected. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/18/2008, Vol. 405 Issue 37, p1
The article reports that three cable networks, American Movie Classics Co. (AMC), FX and Showtime Networks Inc., made their debut among the nominees in the top fields at the 60th Primetime Emmy Awards. It informs that the networks also broke their previous Emmy nomination records. AMC's period...