This Just In
- In Demand adds kids, shorts to virtual lineup. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;3/24/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 56, p12
Reports on cable television In Demand's launching of virtual channels dedicated to children's programming and short films and original programming. Provision of themed channels to digital cable subscribers for free.
- Charter Inks Pact With Va. Town. // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the agreement of Charter Communications Inc. with the city council to maintain its cable television franchise in Suffolk, Virginia.
- Charter offers customer perks, system upgrades. Shepherd, Shawn // Business Press;04/16/99, Vol. 11 Issue 50, p3
Reports on steps taken by Charter Communications Inc. to repair the damage to its corporate image done by its much-maligned Marcus Cable operation in Texas. Charter's goal to be recognized as an excellent provider of customer service and high-technology communications; Launch of an external...
- Charter: We're Growing Nicely. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p2
Reports on United States-based cable television company Charter Communications Inc.'s financial performance for the fourth quarter of the year 2000. Increase in operating cash flow; Increase in number of subscribers; Factors affecting the company's financial performance.
- Charter reconnects with Street. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/30/2002, Vol. 373 Issue 12, p13
Reports the financial performance of Charter Communications Inc. List of top executives of the company; Amount of debts; Rank of the company in the cable industry; Figures of the first-quarter loss.
- Charter Small-System Moves Involve Channel Reclamation. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p45
Reports the partial conversion of the smaller cable systems of Charter Communications Inc. into digital signal distribution in the U.S. Efforts the increase cable penetration and reduce losses to direct broadcast satellite services; Factors influencing the decision of the company; Reclamation...
- It'll be a cold day in Dallas. Gibbons // Multichannel News;01/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p6
Comments on developments related to cable television industry in the United States as of January 3, 2000. Includes cable operator Charter Communications Inc.'s trading of its cable system in Fort Worth, Texas, to AT and T Broadband and Internet Services; Charter Communications' lobbying efforts...
- Charter: Right place, right time. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;08/03/98, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p7
Presents information on Charter Communications Corporation, a cable company founded by Barry Babcock, Jerry Kent and Howard Wood. Overview of the acquisition made by Paul Allen on the company; Comments from Kent on the acquisition; Brief history of the company.
- DATA SAVES THE DAY. Blum, Jonathan // Cable World (10427228);4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p9
Presents a graphical representation of the year-over-year subscriber counts of Charter Communications Inc. for 2001 and 2002.