ELLIS Talks Ads
- A guide for the harried man. Lowry, Brian // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p1
Presents an article about the changes in the subscription television offering of DirecTV in the U.S. in May 2005. Comments on the competition between the satellite, telecommunication and cable television companies in the company; Impact of the competition on the consumers; Criticisms against...
- DIRECTV SUB GAINS ARE A PAIN. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the subscriber gains of satellite service DirectTV Inc. in the second quarter of 2003. Impact on cable television industry; Expansion of the video market; Estimate of total number of multichannel households by PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
- SATELLITE SERVICES. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p19
The article focuses on the video-on-demand offerings proposed by broadcast satellite services providers DirecTV Inc. and Echostar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network to compete with cable television providers in the U.S. DirecTV has proposed to launch its video-on-demand download service called...
- WARNER, MGM PART OF NEW CANADIAN MOVIE VOD SERVICE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/29/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p8
The article announces the impending launch of Hollywood Suite, a Toronto, Ontario-based cable, satellite television subscription movie service, in November 2011.
- DirecTV to offer 'Park' PPV. Hettrick, Scott // Daily Variety;11/20/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 56, p16
Reports the partnership of DirecTV and Comedy Central to offer a pay-per-view packaging of the television comedy 'South Park' in the United States. Subscription rates; Overview of the pay-per-view episodes; Projects being developed by the partners.
- Cable TV: A business in transition. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;11/27/95, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the new competition within the cable television industry, namely DBS satellite or Digital satellite systems. Deregulation of cable pricing by Congress; DirecTV, a division of General Motors' Hughes Communications unit; Selling of DBS services on Wall Street; Number of homes dropping ...
- RUPE BACK IN LOOP. Mathur, Arti; Whiteman, Bobbie // Variety;5/27/2002 Emmy Issue, Vol. 387 Issue 2, p19
Reports on the refusal of the Indian Parliament to pass the lower house's decision to force cable and satellite operators to use conditional access system that will allow consumers to pay only for the channels they watch. Number of cable and satellite homes in India; Revenue of Star TV Network...
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- Spread of satellite TV dishes losing momentum. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;10/31/2003, p4
Focuses on trends in the application of satellite television dish, wireless cable television service and cable television in Canada as on October 31, 2003. Number of subscribers to wireless cable television service in 2002; Assessment of the decline in number of cable television subscribers...