ELLIS Talks Ads
- DIRECTV SUB GAINS ARE A PAIN. Scanlon, Mavis // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the subscriber gains of satellite service DirectTV Inc. in the second quarter of 2003. Impact on cable television industry; Expansion of the video market; Estimate of total number of multichannel households by PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
- SATELLITE SERVICES. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p19
The article focuses on the video-on-demand offerings proposed by broadcast satellite services providers DirecTV Inc. and Echostar Communications Corp.'s Dish Network to compete with cable television providers in the U.S. DirecTV has proposed to launch its video-on-demand download service called...
- A guide for the harried man. Lowry, Brian // Variety;4/25/2005, Vol. 398 Issue 10, p1
Presents an article about the changes in the subscription television offering of DirecTV in the U.S. in May 2005. Comments on the competition between the satellite, telecommunication and cable television companies in the company; Impact of the competition on the consumers; Criticisms against...
- Analysts: Satellite TV May Be Reaching Peak In Canadian Market. Careless, James // Satellite News;7/17/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the future of satellite TV in the Canadian market. Comparison of the growth of satellite TV, cable TV and direct-to-home services; Limitations of satellite TV; Plan of Bell Expressvu to make it more competitive against cable.
- Spread of satellite TV dishes losing momentum. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;10/31/2003, p4
Focuses on trends in the application of satellite television dish, wireless cable television service and cable television in Canada as on October 31, 2003. Number of subscribers to wireless cable television service in 2002; Assessment of the decline in number of cable television subscribers...
- TV The Digital Decision. // Consumer Reports;Sep2001, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p36
Presents guidelines for choosing between digital cable and satellite television (TV), or keeping regular TV service. Questions to be asked before considering a TV-service upgrade; Discussion of monthly rates of satellite service, and advantages of cable and satellite TV; Recommendations. ...
- DBS trails cable, but should grow much faster. // Communications News;Sep97, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p6
Cites The Strategis Group's report predicting the faster growth rate in the number of direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscribers compared to cable subscribers. Number of basic cable and DBS subscribers in 1996; Projected cable operator revenue and revenue per subscriber.
- WARNER, MGM PART OF NEW CANADIAN MOVIE VOD SERVICE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/29/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 35, p8
The article announces the impending launch of Hollywood Suite, a Toronto, Ontario-based cable, satellite television subscription movie service, in November 2011.
- Satellite TV comes down to earth. // Consumer Reports;Jul2000, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p19
Compares the value of satellite dishes with that of cable television in the United States. Echostar; DirecTV; Quality of satellite programming; How to choose a satellite provider; Recommendations. INSET: Media giants clash, viewers suffer.