CABLE GETS TOUGH
- Nick Jr celebrates world creativity & innovation week with 'Go Creative' campaign. // Indiantelevision.com;4/14/2015, p4
The article discusses the creativity campaign during the World Creativity and Innovation Week of April 2015 by the Nick Jr India cable television channel featuring their Dora the Explorer character as explained by Viacom18 firm business head Nina Elavia Jaipuria.
- Cable vs. Telecomm. // Caribbean Business;11/8/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p24
Reports on the level of investments and marketing between cable companies and telecommunications industry in Puerto Rico. Introduction of Puerto Rico telephone on digital subscriber line (DSL); Costs of cable service on high-speed Internet service; Problem of interactive television on loss of...
- New Landscape for a New Millennium. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/19/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p54
The article discusses the innovations in the services offered by several cable operators in the U.S. According to the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, from a standing start of 500,000 customers at the end of 1998, the collective count of cable-modem subscribers is now around...
- Time Warner Cable: El Paquetazo. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;6/8/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 21, p15
The article examines an advertising campaign for Time Warner Cable aimed at Hispanic American consumers in New York City. The campaign, created by the advertising agency Gotham, is marketing a package of Hispanic American entertainment cable television channels. It uses bilingualism to stress...
- Once-'timid' cable operator bags product-oriented messaging. POGGI, JEANINE // Advertising Age;4/16/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 16, p28
The article focuses on Jeff Hirsch, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of the cable television company Time Warner Cable. Hirsch discusses marketing by the company aimed at preventing so-called cord cutting in which cable television subscribers cancel their service or switch to satellite television....
- TOP VIRAL CAMPAIGNS. Learmonth, Michael // Advertising Age;12/31/2012, Vol. 83 Issue 46, p29
The article reviews what "Advertising Age" magazine considers the best viral marketing campaigns from 2012, including the "Next Big Thing" campaign for the Samsung Galaxy S smartphone, the "Just My Shell" video for M&M candies, and the launch of cable network TNT in Belgium.
- CABLELATINO. Wentz, Laurel // Advertising Age;11/16/2009, Vol. 80 Issue 39, p21
The article focuses on marketing of CableLatino, a Spanish-language cable television service, by cable television company Comcast Corp. An advertising campaign created by the agency Grupo Gallegos is credits with increasing the number of the service's subscribers by 2.7 percent as overall pay...
- Western Show Briefs. // Variety;12/20/99, Vol. 377 Issue 6, p25
Covers information on plans and deals in the cable television industry in the United States as of January 2000. Announcement of AT&T to spearhead a drive by cablers to buy exclusive rights to National Football League games by 2002; Proposed partnership between Starz Encore Media Group and MGM...
- Lights! Camera! Sales! Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;2/23/98, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p3
Announces that Best Buy is preparing to take its cable advertising strategy by co-producing a music video cable television network. Sponsorship deals discussed by the Access Entertainment Network with other retailers; Features of the Best Buy program.