- The Market Study Review Process-Mississauga, Canada. Gorys, Julius // Appraisal Journal;Jul87, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p431
Studies the problems posed by shopping center development for municipal administrators and the public in the city of Mississauga, Toronto. Market feasibility and impact on central business district retail facilities; Trade area delineation; Derivation of local purchasing power.
- Untitled. // Value Retail News;Jun/Jul2015, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p8
This article discusses the opening of phase 3 of the Las Vegas North Premium Outlets on May 14, 2015, the highlights of the center outlet, such as a high-tech parking garage, and its new tenants, including AllSaints, Bally, and Cheesecake Factory.
- Hotel-Retail Mixed-Use: Trend for 2013. // Lodging Hospitality Exclusive Insight;12/18/2012, p4
The article reports on the move of many major shopping centers and mall owners in the U.S. to examine the feasibility of adding a hotel component to existing projects.
- it's a mall world. Osment, Craig // Australian Table;Nov2004, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p168
Presents an article on shopping at mega-malls. Description of the mall's interior decoration; Problems encountered in the establishment's car parks; Advantages of shopping malls.
- THEY Paved Paradise And Put Up A Parking Lot. London, Rona Sue // Baltimore Jewish Times;9/7/2012, Vol. 328 Issue 1, p50
The article focuses on the problems of parking lots and spaces in shopping centers in Baltimore, Maryland. It states that parking problems seem to get worse as shopping options get better in Baltimore. It notes that Towson Town Center has approximately 260 stores and restaurants and six parking...
- Coral Co. lined up to buy Shaker Sq. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p1
Real estate developer Coral Co. is emerging as the likely buyer of the Shaker Square shopping district as a painful workout looms for the landmark complex of buildings on Cleveland, Ohio's East Side. Construction of a 200-car parking garage and the addition of condominiums are among the options...
- Who wants free parking downtown? Emerine, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p6
The author reflects on the consideration of free parking to attract stores and shoppers downtown in Tucson, Arizona. He states that one city official has sent him an electronic mail that the free parking cannot be implemented, since parking fees fund the parking lots and garages of the city....
- Retail Gravity Model. Bottum, MacKenzie S. // Appraisal Journal;Apr89, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p166
Focuses on the development of the retail gravity model based on William J. Reilly's Law of Retail Gravitation. Steps in analyzing the retail gravity model; Application of the model in estimating feasibility for large shopping centers; Weakness of the model.
- NEWS. // Building Design;5/23/2003, Issue 1580, p2
Reports developments related to architecture in London, England as of May 2003. Launch of a competition to develop best practice in designing affordable housing; Details of a contest to carry out a feasibility study for a mixed-use development in Crawley town center; Amount spent by Brent Cross...