Tennessee County Issuing $96 Million, Then Taking a Break
- DOES THERE NEED TO BE A TEXAS TEA PARTY? MINERAL ESTATE TAXATION WITH REPRESENTATION. Kimball II, Joseph R. // Texas Wesleyan Law Review;Sep2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p57
The article discusses the need for the representation of the state government in the mineral estate taxation dilemma in Texas. It offers an overview of the Texas Tax Code which sets forth how the taxation issues in the state should be levied. The author assesses a method that is comprised of an...
- Colorado Plans $600 Million of Trans To Cover Cash-Flow Requirements. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/6/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33544, p8
The article reports on the plan of the state of Colorado to cover its cash-flow needs by selling 600 million U.S. dollars of tax and revenue anticipation notes.
- Single-Level Taxpayers Feel Economic Crunch. Roth III, William F. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/8/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p20
The article examines the 2005 statistics on single-level tax issued by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). These statistics include the impact on cash flow of business, individual income taxes from small percentage of taxpayers, and dramatic growth in the number of partnerships. According...
- Derivations of Estimating Equations Based on Time Series. Pechman, Joseph A. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;1973, Issue 2, p414
Presents an appendix to an article on taxation.
- Measuring Tax Effort In Central and Eastern Europe. Mertens, Jo Beth // Public Finance & Management;Dec2003, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p530
This paper uses the method of measuring tax capacity and tax effort to analyze how well Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries are utilizing their tax capacities, relative to one another. Using panel data for ten CEE countries covering the years 1992-2000, I construct a tax effort index...
- Q3 State Tax Revenue Gains. // Educational Marketer;11/15/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the growth in real tax revenue in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2004.
- Data Briefing. // Accountancy;Apr2004, Vol. 133 Issue 1328, p104
This article presents tabular charts on taxation in Great Britain as of April 2004.
- Trends of the Federal Tax Structure. // Congressional Digest;May47, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p138
Provides background on the trends of the federal tax structure in the U.S. Use of internal revenue levies during the Civil War; Adoption of the income tax Amendment in 1913; Citation of the Revenue Act of 1913; Formation of the Internal Revenue Bureau.
- Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Increase. // Munday Courier (TX);8/23/2006, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p5
The article announces that the Knox County Commissioners Court in Texas will be holding a public hearing on a proposal to increase total tax revenues. The hearing will be conducted on August 24, 2006 at the Knox County Courthouse, Benjamin, Texas. A second hearing will be conducted on August 29,...