Schwarzenegger Clears Path for Fiscally Troubled Richmond to Borrow
- California Panel Floats Sweeping Tax Reform. Saskal, Rich // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/31/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 29, p13
The article reports on the proposed revision for the state's tax code by the blue-ribbon commission in San Francisco, California. It states that the proposal will be tackled on the special session by the lawmakers to be called by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. It also mentions that the session...
- CALIFORNIA: Sales Tax for Teachers. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/30/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33052, p9
The article offers information on the request made by the members of the California Teachers Association to voters in California. Due to the threats of deep cuts to education spending, they ask voters to approve the Public School Investment and Accountability Act, a one-cent sales tax aimed in...
- If at First You Don't Succeedâ€¦Extend the Amnesty Period: California Use Tax Amnesty Extended Through 2007. Harris, Stephen; Noel, Charolette F. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q4, p1
The article reports on the extension of the California Use Tax Amnesty through 2007. The use tax amnesty was extended by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger through a signed legislation. Under the amnesty, qualified purchasers should obtain a waiver of related penalties in order to remit...
- EDITORIAL: Bait and switch. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/17/2007, Issue 323750, p30
The author reflects on the information given by Californian Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger during at press event. He cites on the statement of Republican governor during a televised health care forum held in eight cities. He believes the bill is a flawed system and the bill cannot be afforded by...
- Bracing for A Showdown Over Car Tax. Fine, Howard // San Diego Business Journal;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p47
Comments on Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger's intention to repeal all or most of the vehicle license fee, or car tax in California. Local leaders' concern that they will ultimately bear the brunt of any rollback in the form of funding cutbacks from the state; Local governments' use of the...
- Business Breathes Sigh of Relief With Slim Proposition 72 Defeat. Reed, Vita // Orange County Business Journal;11/8/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p1
Focuses on the defeat of Proposition 72. Opposition of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Proposition 72; Impact of Proposition 72 on businesses; Vote of Californians for healthcare reforms.
- CALIFORNIA: Schwarzenegger vetoes bill commemorating Harvey Milk. // Gay & Lesbian Times;10/9/2008, Issue 1085, p20
The article reports on the vetoing the bill that commemorates Harvey Milk by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger in Sacramento, California.
- Gov signs Milk, marriage bills. Aiello, Dan // Bay Area Reporter;10/15/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 42, p1
The article reports that Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed a bill that assign May 22, the birthdate of former San Francisco supervisor Harvey Milk, as Harvey Milk Day and another bill that address how out-of-state same-sex marriages will be recognized in California.
- Are Teen Drivers Too Wired? // Junior Scholastic;4/14/2008, Vol. 110 Issue 16, p7
The article reports on the recently approved bill by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger banning 16-and 17-year-olds from using wireless communications while driving.