Milwaukee County Officials Back Up Bear Stearns Pick
- Puerto Rico Expands Underwriter Pool, Drops Bear Stearns as Co-Manager. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31561, p28
Reports that Puerto Rico has expanded the number of its underwriters to eight companies and has dropped the financial services company Bear, Stearns & Co. from its co-manager group. Announcement by Puerto Rico's fiscal adviser; Tax-exempt bonds sold in a year in the U.S. market; Names figuring...
- Bear picks. // Electronic News;1/10/94, Vol. 40 Issue 1996, p14
Reports on Bear Stearns & Co.'s monthly recommendations on quarterly earnings per share for leading technology firms frequently featured on the pages of `Electronic News'. Comparison with previous year's figures.
- Bear Stearns Touts 'Default Swaption' to Lenders. // Bank Loan Report;5/13/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the effective credit insurance protecting company portfolio from unseen catastrophes offered by Bear Stearns.
- Class Actions Allege Banks and Brokers Engaged in Price-Fixing. Salcedo, Yesenia // InsideCounsel;May2008, Vol. 18 Issue 198, p84
The article reports that on March 12, 2008, plaintiffs have filed two class action lawsuits in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia against 37 banks, insurance companies, and brokers, including JP Morgan Chase & Co., Bear Stearns & Co. Inc., and Morgan Stanley, which allege...
- Municipal Prices Rise 1/4 to 3/8 Point; $449 Million Truckee Meadows Priced. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;06/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31154, p2
Reports the increase of municipal bond price in primary and secondary markets in New York, New York. Projections on the tax-exempt water revenue bonds priced in the year 2005; Impact of the deal on price increase in the market; Negotiation of Bear Sterns & Co. with the Anchorage refunding...
- Coal Draws Attention, Future Bright. Roberts, Andy // Coal Age;Oct2000, Vol. 105 Issue 10, p43
Focuses on the outlook being given to the coal industry in the United States. Intention of Bear Stearns & Co. to begin investment coverage of several coal companies; Reasons for the attention gained by the coal industry; Analysis of coal prices; Improvements in the industry.
- Bear Stearns Deal Talk Focuses on Big Banks. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;8/9/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 152, p20
Reports on the improvement of the share price of Bear Stearns & Co. in summer 2000 amid merger speculation. Speculations on the possible acquisition of Bear Stearns by a big commercial bank; Attractive features offered by the bank.
- Readers see much pain, no gain. Abbourd, J.; Richards, Dave; Ashton, J.; Carr, Eddie // Crain's New York Business;3/31/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p12
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including an article on business performance of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. in the previous issue, an article on nonperforming home loans in the previous issue and an article on rising home prices in the U.S. in...
- Bear Getting Alliance Servicing, Residuals. // National Mortgage News;2/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p37
Reports on the bidding of Bear Stearns & Co. for an estimated four billion dollars in subprime servicing and residuals. Nondisclosure of Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. of the auction; Closure of Alliance servicing platform due to non-acceptable bids.