Munis Follow Treasuries Higher On Reports Fed Will Stick to Plan
- Munis End Unchanged to Slightly Weaker. Scarchi, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32630, p2
The article discusses the U.S. municipal markets' performance. The Treasury market shows a decrease in benchmark yield which opens at 4.70% and closes at 4.71%, while consumer price index (CPI) increases by 0.4%. Clark County, Nevada has sold $300 million highway revenue improvement and...
- Munis Weaker Ahead of Fed Rate Announcement. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32906, p2
The article reports on the weak performance of the U.S. municipal market as of June 24, 2008. It showed a slightly weaker performance in light trading but is ahead of the interest rate as announced by the Federal Reserve. The municipal bonds declined compared to Treasuries and the ratio between...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, March 30. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p2
Reports on the performance of the government bonds market as of March 30, 2004. Consumer confidence index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Munis Slightly Firmer With Lower Yields. Scarchilli, Michael; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/29/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32702, p2
The article presents information on the municipal market in the U.S. The municipal market remained slightly firmer on August 28, 2007 with yields lower by two or three basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-year treasury note was opened at 4.57 percent in the treasury market. Economic data...
- Munis Flat to Firmer on Benign Data, Inflation Talk. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p2
The article reports on the outlook of the municipal bonds in the Treasury market in the U.S. The comments from Federal Reserve officials have invoked inflation concerns despite the flat consumer price data in December. The Department of Labor has also disclosed that the consumer price index...
- Munis Weaken Up to 2 Basis Points; Treasuries Drop on Economic Reports. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31742, p2
Focuses on the decline of municipal bonds as treasuries dropped inspite of economic reports in the U.S. Increase in the Philadelphia Federal Reserve manufacturing index; Recovery in manufacturing sector; Growth of consumer price index.
- Munis Firmer on Lower CPI Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/18/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32610, p2
The article reports that the municipal market in the U.S. was firmer on April 17, 2007, taking a cue from Treasuries, as the majority of the economic data came in lower than expected. According to traders, tax-exempt yields were lower by two or three basis points. Trades reported by the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, August 18. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p2
Presents charts on government securities and economic indicators in the United States as of August 18, 2005.
- Crossover muni buyers find value as the stock market falls. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;08/20/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30461, p8
Reports on the increase in crossover buyers of municipal bonds in the United States. Economic trends and factors affecting the market; Comments of economic analysts on the shift in buying pattern.