Bies: Fed Must Be Alert to Inflation
- Yield Indexes Mixed Following Rally in Treasury, Municipal Markets. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;6/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31908, p40
Examines the condition of yield indexes in the U.S. as of June 18, 2004. Occurrence of a rally in the Treasury and bond markets; Fear of a possible inflation; Increase in the consumer price index.
- Long spoiled by low rates, nation now faces increase. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/2/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 17, p24A
The author asserts that the U.S. economy is still invulnerable despite the remarkable stability in prices and growth, as illustrated in the significant rise in interest rates in June 2007, after lying dormant for nearly five years. The reasons for the half-percentage-point rise in long-term bond...
- U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: U.S. Economical Outlook. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: U.S. Economic Outlook;2005 2nd Quarter, p7
This article presents an economic outlook of the U.S. as of April 2005. Several factors affected growth in manufacturing in the first quarter, including increased oil prices, an early-year slowdown in the growth of capital spending, a stronger dollar and poor performance in some overseas...
- If inflation is so low, why does everything cost so much? Martin, Todd P. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/12/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 37, p42
The article comments on the level of inflation in the United States. Federal Open Market Committee reviews various inflation indexes to analyze the level of inflation. The Producer Price Index measures price changes of a fixed basket of goods and services over time. The Personal Consumption...
- LETTER FROM WASHINGTON. Rovere, Richard H. // New Yorker;10/7/1974, Vol. 50 Issue 33, p157
The article comments on the economic crises of rising prices and unemployment in the United States citing various meetings among professional economists and policy makers at the White House in Washington D.C. to discuss solutions to the problem. Evidently, the decision to reduce budget and...
- Inflation takes a toll. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;9/18/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p10
The article provides updates concerning the economic performance in the U.S. during the first half of 2008. It provides a discussion on the impact of inflation towards the performance of different sectors during the period. These include declined consumer spending of 0.1 in June, personal income...
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun2003, p2
Provides an overview on developments in inflations and prices in the United States. Percentage decline in the Consumer Price Index in April 2003; Energy prices; Households' inflation expectations.
- On the Economy. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/2/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 51, p21
Focuses on the economic condition in the U.S. Inflation rate; Increase in the price of commodities; Growth in wholesale prices.
- Washington Report. Kaufman, Kenneth // LP/Gas;May99, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the increase in consumer spending in the United States (US). Factors which contributed to the increase; Information on the US economy; Effect of a revival of inflation on consumer spending.