$6M in Fines Proposed For Sarbaz & Firm
- Judge Issues Fines for Defaulted Golf Course. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31977, p5
Reports on the penalty imposed to real estate developer Pacific Golf Community Development LLC and company manager Manoucher Sarbaz for alleged securities fraud by U.S. District Judge Cormac Carney in California. Amount of the penalty; Details of the case.
- Sand Splash. Barrett, David // Golf Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p40
Provides insights on golf Rule 23 regarding the removal of sand and loose soil from the golf course. Consideration of loose soil as impediments; Penalty for removing the sand and loose soil; Exclusions of Rule 23. INSET: Now What If?.
- Norfolk council's waste company fined Â£13,000. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Apr2008, Issue 399, p53
The article reports on the imposition of Â£13,000 fine on Norfolk Environmental Waste Services after leachate from its Costessey landfill site near Norwich, England streamed onto a golf course. The local authority waste disposal company immediately sealed the pipe and cleaned up the brown...
- Atlanta mayor fines golf club for refusing to obey domestic partners law. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/6/2005, Issue 889, p27
Reports that Atlanta, Georgia Mayor Shirley Franklin has fined the Druid Hills Golf Club up to $90,000 for refusing to obey the domestic partner benefits law. Violation of the city's human rights ordinance; Solicitor will decide with a municipal court judge when the fines will begin; $500 a day...
- $200m ruling against Coopers. // Accountancy;Mar1992, Vol. 109 Issue 1183, p16
Reports that Coopers & Lybrand has been ordered to pay $dollar;200 million in damages over its role as accountant to MiniScribe, a Colorado-based hard disk maker. MiniScribe, one of the most sought after Wall Street stocks during the mid 1980s, had filed for bankruptcy protection in 1990 when it...
- Ind. fines nine firms. Brown, Bob // Waste News;03/02/98, Vol. 3 Issue 42, p10
Reports that nine waste transfer station operators in Illinois agreed to pay fines to Indiana during 1998. Value of the fines; Circumstances surrounding the fines; Why the suspension of two firms in Chicago, Illinois were dropped by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management;...
- W.Va. landfill owner must pay $12,500 penalty. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;04/27/98, Vol. 3 Issue 50, p4
Presents information on a fine that was placed on a Monroe County business, for the construction of a Sanitary Landfill cell by the state of West Virginia, prior to receiving permission. Information on the fine; Details on the concerns about the construction of the cell; Comments from a...
- Negotiating government fines and penalties. Webster, George D. // Association Management;Aug95, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p289
Highlights the effectiveness of negotiating with Internal Revenue Service for reduction in fines and penalties. Various circumstances in which the situation can arise; Reasonable causes under which negotiations are possible; Strategies for confrontation.
- Blunkett expands penalty scheme. // Community Care;5/22/2003, Issue 1473, p6
Details the plan to expand fixed penalty notices in Great Britain. Number of notices that had been issued and had helped police officers tackle public order offences and crimes.