Florida Bullet-Train Amendment Inches Toward Repeal Referendum
- Florida High-Speed Rail Advocate Sues to Stymie Opponents. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p4
Reports that C.C. Dockery, the most ardent supported of Florida's high-speed rail is alleging irregularities in the petition drive in 2004 that seeks a referendum to repeal the constitutional amendment requiring the state to build a high-speed train system. Key issues of interest; Analysis of...
- Nov. 3 Constitutional Amendment Elections. // Fort Worth Business Press;10/26/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p31
The article outlines explanations of the various propositions from the Texas Secretary of State's office in the November 3, 2009 elections. The first proposition entails the authorization of the legislature to permit a municipality or a county to issue bonds and notes to finance the purchase of...
- High-speed train project in Belgium creates opportunities for U.S. firms. // Business America;11/29/93, Vol. 114 Issue 24, p24
Encourages American firms to participate as bidders in the construction of the Train a Grande Vitesse (TGV) in Belgium. Pre-qualification process to determine qualified bidders; Formation of joint venture or temporary association with a Belgian company; Criteria in the choice of bidders.
- Airports to Lose Customers As High-Speed Trains Built. // U.S. Rail News;3/10/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the impact of high-speed railroads planned to build by the Obama administration on the market share and airports serving the same routes in the U.S.
- Fast trains face off. Bak, David J.; Normile, Dennis // Design News;9/20/93, Vol. 49 Issue 18, p78
Reports on the increasing popularity of fast trains and railroad networks as alternative means of transportation around the world. Factors in rail's renewed interest; Advent of the fast or high-speed train; Self-commutated ac traction motors; Advantages; Features of Sweden's X2000; More. ...
- Rail link to cut through NAC. // Farmers Weekly;9/24/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 12, p20
The article offers information on High Speed Two (HS2), a high-speed rail link to be built through the National Agricultural Centre at Stoneleigh, Warwickshire in England.
- California readies high speed rail groundbreaking. // Railway Age;Jan2015, Vol. 216 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the scheduled groundbreaking ceremony for the planned high speed rail (HSR) network system construction in California.
- Rail project. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p25
States that the Thailand's Cabinet has granted the State Railway of Thailand approval to prepare the terms of reference for companies to bid for a study of a four-route high speed train network. Amount of the proposal; Extent of the train system.
- Industrial firms join to develop high speed train for U.S. rails. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/1/93 - 11/8/93, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p41
Reports on Raytheon, General Electric and General Dynamics Land System's decision to join ABB Traction Inc. in developing X2000 high speed tilt trains for the United States. Purchase interest of the American Public Transit Association for the Northern Corridor; Employment generation of X200...