Entering the Garden Spate
- N.J. Eyes $2B Referndum. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;10/14/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31739, p1
Reports on the consideration of a bond referendum issuance by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey. Total amount of bonds the Governor proposed to issue; Proceeds of the sale; Condition on the inclusion of the referendum in the 2004 ballot.
- N.J. Governor Reveals Laundry List of Measures to Plug $2.9B Gap. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31323, p3
Focuses on the cost control measures proposed by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey to close the state's budget deficit. Proposed diversion of the state's unemployment insurance trust fund; Amount expected to be generated from the state's rainy-day fund; Financial crisis faced by New Jersey.
- Casino tax plan enrages Atlantic City. // Casino Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the plan of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey to increase gaming and entertainment taxes in response to budget shortfall in Atlantic City. Features of the gaming industry plan of McGreevey; Potential impact of the plan on the industry; Remarks from analyst Dennis Forst on the plan.
- Eyeball to Eyeball over Solving the Deficit. Mulroy, Gene J. // njbiz;6/30/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 26, p9
Looks at the issue of budget shortfall being faced by the state of New Jersey under the administration of Governor James E. McGreevey in 2003. Efforts of McGreevey in his aim to bring the budget into balance; Dispute between the Republicans and Democrats over the deficit issue; Impact of the...
- Here Come More Taxes. Taber, George M. // njbiz;11/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p30
Focuses on issues associated with the budget process in New Jersey. Projected state budget deficit by 2003; Views of New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey on the projected increase in business taxes in the state.
- The Governor Plays The Blame Game. Taber, George M. // njbiz;2/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p16
Comments on the 2004 budget proposal of New Jersey Governor James McGreevey. Increase in the state's spending; Factors that contributed to the budget deficit of New Jersey; Significance of the elimination of the NJ Saver grants.
- With Its Credit Ratings Affirmed, New Jersey to Offer $490M of Debt. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p1
Reports that the New Jersey has sold new money general obligation debt and certificates of participation. Affirmation of the AA rating of the Garden state; Spending plan of Governor James E. McGreevey; Assessment of the structural imbalance.
- N.J. Schools Have Until Jan.1 to OK merger; $2B Deal on the Hook. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31767, p4
Reports on the plans of Governor James E. McGreevey to consolidate three universities in New Jersey. Deadline imposed by McGreevey for the universities to declare their support for the project; Impact of the universities' expressions of support on the voter approval for a bond issue.
- Stadium Saga. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports that governor James McGreevey has succeeded to cancel legislative bills related to the issue of bonds for the development of stadiums in New Jersey. Concerns of acting governor Donald DiFranceso related to the issue; Comments of DiFrancesco on the benefits of bills.