Betting on More Mergers
- Harrah's puts big bet on Caesars. Mihailovich, Steven // Las Vegas Business Press;7/19/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the acquisition of Caesars Entertainment Inc. by casino operator Harrah's Entertainment in Las Vegas, Nevada. Purchase price; Approval of the firms' shareholders; Financial performance of the gambling firms.
- Harrah's To Acquire Caesars. Holly, Tricia A. // Travel Agent;7/19/2004, Vol. 317 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the acquisition agreement between the gaming firms Caesars Entertainment Inc. and Harrahâ€™s Entertainment Inc. in the U.S. Benefits of the agreement to the companies; Total properties of Harrahâ€™s; Effect of the merger on travel agents.
- Merger hurdles spell real estate opportunities. Mihailovich, Steven // Business Press: Serving Southern Nevada;9/13/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p8
Reports on casino operator Harrah's Entertainment's proposal to acquire Caesars Entertainment properties in Las Vegas, Vegas. Benefits of the proposed acquisition to the gaming industry; Properties included in the merger deal; Value of the deal.
- Top News Stories of 2005. // Casino Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p6
The article presents the top news stories related to the U.S. gaming industry for the year 2005, including the 100th anniversary celebration of Las Vegas, Nevada, the approval of the mergers of Harrah's/Caesars and MGM Mirage/Mandalay Bay, the approval of hand-held gaming device in Nevada and...
- It's All Hands on Deck. Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;5/22/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 21, p18
The article provides information on the marketing strategy of Harrah's Entertainment for the World Series Poker. In terms of participants, prize money and history, the World Series of Poker is the number one poker event. Harrah's, the largest gaming company in the world, sees the tournament as a...
- Gaming acquisitions continue with Harrah's, Caesars deal. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;8/1/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 14, p1
This article reports that Harrah's Entertainment Inc. (HE) wants to acquire Caesars Entertainment Inc. (CE) to form the world's largest gaming company in Las Vegas, Nevada. This deal requires regulatory and governmental approvals, which analysts say might be harder to achieve due to the...
- Tracking Casino Developments. // Travel Agent;3/28/2005, Vol. 320 Issue 8, p22
Cites several casino projects in the U.S. as of March 28, 2005. Announcement of the approval of the merger between Harrah's Entertainment and Caesars Entertainment in Las Vegas, Nevada by stockholders of both companies; Increase in the number of authorized shares of Harrah's common...
- Harrah's-Caesars Merger Could Have Impact on Local Casinos. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p3
Reports that Harrah's Entertainment Inc. plans to buy Caesars Entertainment Inc. for $5.1 billion and could affect casinos in San Diego County, California. Harrah's as operator of the casino-resort for the Rincon San Luiseno Band of Mission Indians in Valley Center; Paulma/Yuima Band of Mission...
- Harrah's/Caesars Deal Has Banks Hoping For Imitators. O'Leary, Christopher // Bank Loan Report;7/19/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the potential impact of the proposed merger of top gaming companies Harrah's Entertainment and Caesars Entertainment.